Clutch LUK ?

Kaveney

The car is on 89K miles and has never had a replacement clutch / DMFW .

The clutch is not slipping but with going to the ring this year i might do this before I go .

Is it best to use Nissan or is a LUK one ok / as good as the price is a big jump .

Thanks

Alan

Count yourself lucky, mine needs a new one asap... seems too be slipping quite a bit and i'm on 70k... i have never had to change one.... which are the best ones to go for generally? seems for of those exedy clutchs on ebay for sale.

Lots of horror stories about Techniclutch on various forums including the Mitsubishi Lancer Register. They have suffered all sorts of failures including a flywheel that broke into three pieces.

Here is just one thread http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=467285

If it sounds to good to be true it normally is :)

We can supply a genuine OEM Exedy kit and LUK dual mass as well as single mass lightweight kits from Xtreme. Get in touch if I can help :)

Lots of horror stories about Techniclutch on various forums including the Mitsubishi Lancer Register. They have suffered all sorts of failures including a flywheel that broke into three pieces.

Here is just one thread http://www.lancerreg...ad.php?t=467285

If it sounds to good to be true it normally is :)

We can supply a genuine OEM Exedy kit and LUK dual mass as well as single mass lightweight kits from Xtreme. Get in touch if I can help :)

Well there are other sellers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350-Z-3-5-Exedy-3-Piece-Clutch-Kit-Inc-Bearing-/301022059565?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4616501c2d

We carry that same kit and would be happy to match the price.

spot on... i'll probably be in touch then mate just waiting for a call back first from a garage that will fit it and curious to see how much they supply one for.

Are the exedy kits good performing clutch's?

Edited by dannybz

We carry that same kit and would be happy to match the price.

spot on... i'll probably be in touch then mate just waiting for a call back first from a garage that will fit it and curious to see how much they supply one for.

Are the exedy kits good performing clutch's?

For normal road use yes they are perform perfectly well.

My clutch has pretty much completely gone, I dont even think it's good enough to drive to the garage! so thinking of getting a mobile mechanic out to fit it, are they fairly easy to install for a mechanic?

Not really any different to any other clutch imo, but it will need a pit or a lift, along with a transmission jack, so I wouldn't have thought it would be much good for a mobile chap.

If it has completey gone you will probably need a new flywheel too. Mine had some very interesting colours on it.

Not really any different to any other clutch imo, but it will need a pit or a lift, along with a transmission jack, so I wouldn't have thought it would be much good for a mobile chap.

If it has completey gone you will probably need a new flywheel too. Mine had some very interesting colours on it.

It will need a lift? really so axle stands will be no good?

I have called a few garages around mansfield area and none of them were willing to do a replacement on the zed? one said it was a big job and could take at least 9 hours and not something they would do. My only option so far is the mobile mechanic as the clutch is pretty bad like i said and no garage seems to want to do it anyway! :wacko:

Edited by dannybz

Well you need to drop the gearbox out, so I think you'll need 3ft high axle stands at a minimum, along with rolling around on the floor, and somehow controlling the weight of the gearbox. Unless you go for the engine out route, in which case you still need to get under it to disconnect the gearbox to engine bellhousing bolts.

No idea why they won't do it. Craig at H-dev did mine in 3.5 hours, ish. If doing it yourself it would probably take a day. I just didn't have the time.