Cheap Track Days

Kev946

www.Easytrack.co.uk are doing Bedford Autodrome the full GT circuit on February 9th for £99. That is an absolute bargain, the circuit is 4.2 miles long, nothing to hit plenty of run off, very well suited to the Z and they are happy if you practice your drifting. I'm booked on it with a few friends also.

Are they ATDO affiliated/ certified? Are you doing this? If so, Id definitely be up for it. Got to learn to drive the new baby.

As I said I'm booked on it - noise is strict at Bedford - no problems with mine even with my Invidia dual Exhaust (and a slight blow!).

Bedford is kind to the Z, it's wide and there are lots of fast sweeping curves. There are a few nice hairpins as well. They are quite happy for you to practise a bit of sideways action :D .

Rish, what's with all the secrecy on the car?

Grant, Bedford has been slightly redone this year, heard its a little better but not driven it since the change.

Also if it really cold mine is loud so will look into this but not likely to be going and stick with some of the boys Kev saw racing yesterday.

Rish post up some pics of your new porker.

No secrecy anymore Grant. Posted a thread here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10316&highlight=

As to pics, sorry I really havent got any decent ones tbh. Its always too dark when I get home.

Im def. coming to this, but will prb book a bit nearer the date. Want to see what the weather will be like tbh.

Here's a pic I stole off the guy I bought it from.

No secrecy anymore Grant. Posted a thread here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10316&highlight=

As to pics, sorry I really havent got any decent ones tbh. Its always too dark when I get home.

Im def. coming to this, but will prb book a bit nearer the date. Want to see what the weather will be like tbh.

Here's a pic I stole off the guy I bought it from.

Very nice rish. Nice colour too... :thumbs:

The engine is still in the wrong place though.... ;):lol:

Come rain or shine Bedford is superb, if it's wet you can practise your drifting. In fact if it's wet Bedford is a great place to find you and your cars limits in safety. Even if you really get it wrong, there's nothing to hit at Bedford.

Even if you really get it wrong, there's nothing to hit at Bedford.

Apart from another car.... :lol:

:lol::lol:

Sorry I forgot to mention - you might not hit anything but someone might hit you :scare:

No, It's really safe at Bedford, because it's so wide the chances of someone hitting you are quite slim.

• 1 month later...

Just joined Easytrack & might be up for Beford in Febuary depending on weather. May book nearer to time. But Imnot sure whether I should just book a hald day to begin with as Im a track virgin in the zed. (Done track experiences in other cars). Im thinking a full day might be too much for a beginner??

Any other members up for this too??

• 9 months later...
Snooze you lose. Bedford on Feb 9th has gone up to £139

And back down to £129 now by the look of it. :)

I'm really keen to do this, but I've never taken my Zed on track before and have no idea what its noise is like. It's a totally standard 53 plate - anyone got any idea whether I'd pass the static and drive-by tests at 87dB?

Cheers,

Mal.

Snooze you lose. Bedford on Feb 9th has gone up to £139

And back down to £129 now by the look of it. :)

I'm really keen to do this, but I've never taken my Zed on track before and have no idea what its noise is like. It's a totally standard 53 plate - anyone got any idea whether I'd pass the static and drive-by tests at 87dB?

Cheers,

Mal.

Std Zed will be fine at Bedford. Was there when I first saw a zed and wanted one B)

Std Zed will be fine at Bedford. Was there when I first saw a zed and wanted one B)

In which case... I'm booked! :D

Right... who's joining me? Go on... £129 is still a bargain for Bedford...

Mal.

Not quite enough of a bargin when you factor in fuel and insurance, ends up being about £400 for me :surrender:

Not quite enough of a bargin when you factor in fuel and insurance, ends up being about £400 for me :surrender:

Insurance? What's that? ;)

Fair point on the fuel, though. I'll probably spend about £80 on it just getting there and back. Still, if it all comes out at £400, I'll be happy enough. I spent £800 on a trackday in my Mini once. That was before I had a mortgage (and any common sense).

Mal.

Fair point on the fuel, though. I'll probably spend about £80 on it just getting there and back. Still, if it all comes out at £400, I'll be happy enough. I spent £800 on a trackday in my Mini once. That was before I had a mortgage (and any common sense).

Mal.

Yeah agreed, if I didnt have a mortgage, I'd give it a go.

You may be interested in the PH day at PalmerSport then - http://www.palmersport.com/pistonheads.aspx - comes out at about £6500-700 for the day, excellent experience, wish I had the dosh to do it!

Mal.

Yeah agreed, if I didnt have a mortgage, I'd give it a go.

You may be interested in the PH day at PalmerSport then - http://www.palmersport.com/pistonheads.aspx - comes out at about £6500-700 for the day, excellent experience, wish I had the dosh to do it!

That looks ace, I'm well up for that!! Might dust off the old Stig helmet :teeth:

That looks ace, I'm well up for that!! Might dust off the old Stig helmet :teeth:

My mates work client took him (and others) to the same day a few weeks ago and he said it was the best day ever. Having recently married, I dont think his wife liked that much, but proves it is a stonker. Also proved most Evo drivers dont know how to drive properly as the amount of times he spun the Caterham was hillarious! He thought he could get away with mashing the throttle when past the apex like he does in his Evo and get away with it. Told him he aint ever driving my Zed :lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Im looking at doing the 29th Nov Full day at Bedford if anyone else fancies joining me, its novice only so anyone that has not done track driving before is welcome, but if you have done quite a few track sessions, then you wont be allowed out.

Richard