WALES 2015 - DEMON TWEEKS VISIT

Mudman

Morning All

Have been in touch with Gareth at Demon Tweeks and he would be happy to see us on the Friday Afternoon for all those arriving earlyish. Have suggested we drive up from Chirk the quick hop to Wrexham to arrive about 16:30 which gives us an hour before they close. We would have our own parking area and he has kindly offered a discount to use on the day. Plus, if there was a group buy on any particular products we wanted, they might be able to do a bit of a better price on that as well. :teeth:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

Rob

• Like 4

Have to say that Demon Tweeks in Wrexham - when I eventually found it! - was rather underwhelming :lol: I was a long time customer of theirs when they were in Tattenhall and that store was wonderful, like an Alladin's cave for petrolheads :D Been a couple of times now, maybe it's just me but it's only like a large Ripspeed at Halfrauds. Still might be different as a meet point for a gang of Zedders. B)

Have to say that Demon Tweeks in Wrexham - when I eventually found it! - was rather underwhelming :lol: I was a long time customer of theirs when they were in Tattenhall and that store was wonderful, like an Alladin's cave for petrolheads :D Been a couple of times now, maybe it's just me but it's only like a large Ripspeed at Halfrauds. Still might be different as a meet point for a gang of Zedders. B)

Used to go to Tattenhall back in the 70's for my rally tyres. I remember it being a small white building in the middle of nowhere, stuffed to the gunnels with wheels, tyres and other lovely stuff.

Used to go to Tattenhall back in the 70's for my rally tyres. I remember it being a small white building in the middle of nowhere, stuffed to the gunnels with wheels, tyres and other lovely stuff.

Tattenhall .. A blast from the past, I used to get part worns from Ian harwood in Ellesmere Port after the Lombard had been on :lol:

• Like 1

That was the place, like someone's house in the village centre. Mind you the new place is still in the middle of nowhere LoL

That was the place, like someone's house in the village centre. Mind you the new place is still in the middle of nowhere LoL

The tyre place was like a barn on the corner, on the way to the shop ( more like a house as you say, aladins cave)

We also used to visit the rally guy who lived not far away from Tweeks, they ran the Talbot Sunbeams, trying to remember the name of the place!!

May have been APB Motorsport? :wacko:

^ not ABP they are still going, near Crewe ( Shavington ).

Skip Brown possibly? :lol: - Anyone??

Edited by Floydbax

We also used to visit the rally guy who lived not far away from Tweeks, they ran the Talbot Sunbeams, trying to remember the name of the place!!

May have been APB Motorsport? :wacko:

^ not ABP they are still going, near Crewe ( Shavington ).

Skip Brown possibly? :lol: - Anyone??

Wasn't Theo Bengry or Ron Beecroft was it? The only ones I knew who ran Talbots.

I was a long time customer of theirs when they were in Tattenhall and that store was wonderful, like an Alladin's cave for petrolheads

I only ever went to the Tattenhall "shop" once and had a job finding it. I bought a pair of rear shock absorbers for my Lotus Europa, 1973 or 74 it must have been, I remember it as being rather quaint :lol:

Pete

I was a long time customer of theirs when they were in Tattenhall and that store was wonderful, like an Alladin's cave for petrolheads

I only ever went to the Tattenhall "shop" once and had a job finding it. I bought a pair of rear shock absorbers for my Lotus Europa, 1973 or 74 it must have been, I remember it as being rather quaint :lol:

Pete

Ahhhh Lotus Europa... I had 2. First a Renault engine job the second the Big Valve Lotus Twin Cam. I recall collecitng the 2nd one from dealer on Friday evening and then took my girl friend out for dinner - strategically chosing a restuarant where I could see my car!

Drive home and in the morning couldn't wait to get down and take my new pride and joy for a run. Sat in, turned ignition key and "click", "click", "click"! Yep brand new car and battery as flat as a flat thing from planet flat. Wait though it gets better!

Back up to apartment, woke GF and asked her to come down and help me push start the car! She dressed and came down. Now what I should have done was the ungentlemanly thing of sitting in car and getting her to push it but no I decided she should get i and I would push it.

No problem thinks I, all she has to do is drop the clutch and stop - easy peasy.

In she gets, I push the car, "Clutch out NOW!", she does as told (that was a first!) engine catches instantly and... shoots off at a fairly rapid rate down the road! Oh - did I mention that GF couldn't actually drive?

I was rooted to the spot seeing my brand new car speed off and started to leg it after her!

Calm as you like though in a few hundred yards (felt like miles to me!) she de-clutched, coasted gently to a halt (luckily there were no other cars parked on the road so she didn't actually have to steer, other than straight) and by the time I got there (somewhat flustered!) she was sat with car in neutral, handbrake on and asking what the fuss was!

Nerves restored I drove to the dealer and nearly rammed the flat battery where the sun didn't shine! New one fitted and some free Lotus race team goodies later I emerged and all was well with my world again.

Happy days.

David

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 2

This is getting spooky ;) I also had a Red Renault engined Europa and my brother had a purple Twin Cam Lotus engined one way back!! I got mine from Christopher Neil's in Northwich but it was pretty ropey and I didn't like it so much, I traded in for a Celica 2L GT, my brother traded his for an RS 2000, both Europas were later condemned for rusty chassis'. :lol:

This is getting spooky ;) I also had a Red Renault engined Europa and my brother had a purple Twin Cam Lotus engined one way back!! I got mine from Christopher Neil's in Northwich but it was pretty ropey and I didn't like it so much, I traded in for a Celica 2L GT, my brother traded his for an RS 2000, both Europas were later condemned for rusty chassis'. :lol:

My brother had a blue lotus twin cam europa and traded it for an RS2000 ! I remember sitting at the traffic lights in the europa and glancing out of the side window and all I could see were the wheel nuts on a bus !! not a good car to have a crash in !