Interesting software!

nodge69

I came across these guys last night http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/ they've got a range of Nissan specific ODB software. I've purchased the Android app, it allows you to monitor a few things which aren't in the standard ODB list but the killer feature is the ability to run the idle air volume learning at the touch of a button Consult style! You can also erase all of the self learnt settings in the ECM.

Even more interesting is the windows software which seems to provide full Consult like functionality for less than forty quid plus a cheap USB ODB interface! The only issue with this at the moment is that it doesn't support the 350Z HR / 370Z like the latest Android app does. If they add Consult-III support I think I'm gonna be getting this.

My experience with the Android app: Well I cleaned both of my throttle bodies a few weeks ago. I did all the right things, battery off, bodies disconnected, moved the butterfly valves but treated them like my own nuts etc etc. After performing the IAVL my idle has been mostly ok, at about 725, just out of spec. But I've been getting a nasty jerk when coming on and off the throttle especially when coasting downhill along with revs which linger high when changing gear. No amount of relearns would cure it. In fact the relearn always worked and the car drove great if I didn't turn it off, but after every restart it just went back to where it was.

So, installed this app last night, at £6 I thought it was worth a shot. Pressed the button, relearn was performed. Restarted the car - bloody hell it is sorted! My drive to work this morning was silky smooth and I'm well happy! :teeth:

• Like 1

Wonder if this will work on JDM's Only found one app that works so far

I guess it's possible, it uses the Consult protocol rather than ODB. If you've got an ELM327 based ODB interface you can download a free trial of the DataScan II Android app to check if it works.

Wonder if this will work on JDM's Only found one app that works so far

Which app was that, I'm looking for an app and bluetooth dongle for my JDM.

The Windows software might well be worth a purchase to try when I get a working adapter.

Car Gauge Pro works on Android - I used a Bluetooth ELM 327 off ebay cost about £6 plus another £4 for the hardware - Also have a wifi one that I use with Dashboard Pro on iphone for my work Honda . Ideally I would like the dashboard pro working in the Zed as its compatible with my Pioneer App radio

A member put up a very good thread in the JDM section on the Car Gauge App - have a trawl- you can also d/l a lite version to see if it works - Which is what I'll try with the subject App

I came across these guys last night http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/ they've got a range of Nissan specific ODB software. I've purchased the Android app, it allows you to monitor a few things which aren't in the standard ODB list but the killer feature is the ability to run the idle air volume learning at the touch of a button Consult style! You can also erase all of the self learnt settings in the ECM.

Even more interesting is the windows software which seems to provide full Consult like functionality for less than forty quid plus a cheap USB ODB interface! The only issue with this at the moment is that it doesn't support the 350Z HR / 370Z like the latest Android app does. If they add Consult-III support I think I'm gonna be getting this.

My experience with the Android app: Well I cleaned both of my throttle bodies a few weeks ago. I did all the right things, battery off, bodies disconnected, moved the butterfly valves but treated them like my own nuts etc etc. After performing the IAVL my idle has been mostly ok, at about 725, just out of spec. But I've been getting a nasty jerk when coming on and off the throttle especially when coasting downhill along with revs which linger high when changing gear. No amount of relearns would cure it. In fact the relearn always worked and the car drove great if I didn't turn it off, but after every restart it just went back to where it was.

So, installed this app last night, at £6 I thought it was worth a shot. Pressed the button, relearn was performed. Restarted the car - bloody hell it is sorted! My drive to work this morning was silky smooth and I'm well happy! :teeth:

Looks very interesting, and after having a look at their website, they do a consult iii version. I have just emailed them to double check compatibility but it lists 370z so I'm assuming it would also work on 350z HR.

Looks very interesting, and after having a look at their website, they do a consult iii version. I have just emailed them to double check compatibility but it lists 370z so I'm assuming it would also work on 350z HR.

Just to clarify Steve, I've got a 350Z HR and I can confirm that the Consult-III Android app works fine. They don't offer a free trial for that one though.

• Like 1

Cool to hear about this, saw the Consult III in action last night, my main use for this kind of thing is to trigger the ABS module in my DE.

Can it do that ?

and, what physical parts did you purchase in order to hook it up ?

(one of those Bluetooth diagnostic adapters?)

Edited by RobPhoboS

Cool to hear about this, saw the Consult III in action last night, my main use for this kind of thing is to trigger the ABS module in my DE.

Can it do that ?

and, what physical parts did you purchase in order to hook it up ?

(one of those Bluetooth diagnostic adapters?)

To use the Android apps you need a Bluetooth ODB interface based on the ELM327 chipset. They are easy enough to pick up on eBay for a few quid. However I'm using a branded one from scantool,net (OBDLink MX).

To do anything with ABS though you'd have to use the Windows application. This uses a wired USB ODB interface. I haven't got one though again it seems you can get them for less than £20. I'm not sure what ABS functions you could perform, it looks like you can only monitor stuff. More information here: http://home.exetel.com.au/nds/NDSII/index.php?content=consultfunctionsabs

• Like 1

Just to clarify Steve, I've got a 350Z HR and I can confirm that the Consult-III Android app works fine. They don't offer a free trial for that one though.

Just had an email back from them also confirming this. They said there will also be a free version available in the next few days. Unfortunately for me now though, is that this latest version shows incompatible with my android head unit, whereas the earlier versions are compatible. Have emailed them again.

is it possible to view afr oil pressure etc from these apps ??

A list of all of the parameters I can see in the app with my car is below. I can't see oil pressure, though there is oil temperature but as far as I know there isn't a sensor for that on the 350Z. Maybe it has been misnamed?

Parameters:

Engine RPM

Air Flow Volts bank 1

Water Temperature

Vehicle Speed Sensor

Vehicle Speed

Battery Voltage

Air Flow gm/s

Intake Air Temperature

Calculated Load

Idle RPM Correction

Ignition Timing

Accelerator Pedal Position 1

Accelerator Pedal Position 2

Injector Time b1

Injector Time b2

Throttle Pos Sensor 1 bank 1

Throttle Pos Sensor 2 bank 1

Ignition Timing Correction

NB Sensor 2 bank 1

NB Sensor 2 bank 2

WB Sensor bank 1

WB Sensor bank 2

Intake Camshaft Adv b1

Intake Camshaft Adv b2

Oil Temperature

Intake Camshaft Sol b1

Intake Camshaft Sol b2

Air/Fuel Alpha b1

Air/Fuel Alpha b2

A/F Alpha b1 stored

A/F Alpha b2 stored

Purge Volume Control Valve

Travel After MIL

Base Fuel Schedule

A/C Pressure

Throttle Pos Sensor 1 b2

Throttle Pos Sensor 2 b2

Air Flow Volts bank 2

Air/Fuel Adjust bank 1

Air/Fuel Adjust bank 2

Registers:

Heater Fan Switch

Ignition Switch

Start Signal

Park/Neutral Switch

Power Steering Switch

Throttle Relay Control

A/C Relay

A/C Signal Switch

Electrical Load Signal

Brake Pedal Switch 1

Brake Pedal Switch 2

Fuel Pump Relay

Sensor 2 Bank 1 A/F

Sensor 2 Bank 2 A/F

Sensor 2 Bank 1 Heater

Sensor 2 Bank 2 Heater

Idle Air Volume Learn

Closed Throttle Position

So tried the NDS III on my 2004 but it fails to connect. NDS II worked fine however.

May be being stupid but can't see any difference between the free and paid versions ??

Sadly for my the idle air volume learn failed, tried it several times so don't know where I'm going wrong, I did the throttle position and throttle body resets earlier in the day.

So tried the NDS III on my 2004 but it fails to connect. NDS II worked fine however.

May be being stupid but can't see any difference between the free and paid versions ??

Sadly for my the idle air volume learn failed, tried it several times so don't know where I'm going wrong, I did the throttle position and throttle body resets earlier in the day.

NDS III is for 2007 onwards

I've got this and can't get it to connect?

Did the procedure report a failure or did the timer just keep counting forever? Did you make sure all of the required conditions were met? So, fan, radio, all lights etc switched off, doors closed and steering wheel set dead centre?

If so, I would try running the Clear Self Learn function. I'd recommend getting the engine nice and hot, have the ignition fully on but engine not running, then run the clear function. Then start the car and try running the Idle Air Volume Learn again. If it reports a failure then try a few more times, it might not work the first time.

If it still fails then try checking the following in the data monitor before you run the learn: Heater Fan Switch: Off Park/Neutral Switch: On Power Steering Switch: Off Electrical Load Signal: Off

If any of those registers show differently then I think it will cancel the learn. I've read of a few people having problems because of a faulty power steering pressure switch for example.

Good luck, hope it works for you!

Btw it seems the Lite versions have the same functionality but they have advertising on them.

I've got this and can't get it to connect?

What Bluetooth ODB interface are you using?