Trouble with electrics (Mainly Key Fob) HELP!!!

Shezad93

Hey Guys,

Over the last two days I have had some trouble with my key fob - I need to be right up beside my car (within 3 meters) just to TRY and get a response when locking or unlocking. Also when it does lock or unlock, I am having to wait another 10 seconds before I can press it again to get it to unlock again... this is a nightmare when trying to double click to open both doors to allow a passenger in :blush:

This lead me to believe that maybe I just need to change the key battery however at a 2am McDonalds run for the guys, I noticed that my drivers window was slow going down (Could of just been me being paranoid about the car electrics).

Anybody else have similar problems? Could a new key fob battery sorted it out? Also I read after the battery has been replaced, it needs to be reprogrammed, is this hard to do??

Any help would be much appreciated, I have Uni tomorrow and its one of the last places I want my car to be stuck! :scare:

Get your car battery checked, when they are on the way out the Zed is known to do weird things even though the voltage shows normal(ish) on the display.

Also as you say changing the battery in the fob is a good start. Do you have two fobs? If so try the other one for a bit

My zed came with only 1 key fob and I just recently brought another one off ebay (refurb). Never trust myself with just one fob and if I lost my only key fob, it's expensive to replace.

+1 as DoogyRev said, replace key fob battery and check your car battery.

Also I read after the battery has been replaced, it needs to be reprogrammed, is this hard to do??

So long as you put the new battery in within a couple of minutes of taking the old out/the old one dying entirely, you shouldn't need to reprogramme it.