Spare y-pipes?

saint

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has a spare y-pipe hanging around for a 2005 350z (DE non rev up), I'd happily buy it! The flexi joints went on my OEM part and its an MOT fail, but right now I'm too broke to put on a decent one. Currenly looking at non-branded ebay crap, or the equally questionable Japspeed K2, but if anyones got anything out there they dont need then I'm all ears :-)

Edited by saint

Not got one sorry. I know you say questionable japspeed K2 and your right as I had one but the y pipe was ok and not that bad, as I had one for three years then sold it on when I went true dual

Edited by SHEZZA

Its going to end up as my fallback option, or if I can stretch to it I'll have a cobra. Does the y-pipe really make a big enough difference to justify the cost? And also, do these systems fit to OEM parts?

Hi Saint I might be able to help you out Iam in the process in having a custom exhaust fitted it in at the moment, If you ok to wait as I have left it with them to be fitted..?,should be no more than a week ; )

Fantastic, I have 2 weeks on the MOT for a re-test so it should be fine! Actually cant wait to hear the true zed roar, I'd assumed the raspy blowing sound was normal but it was a leaky flexi! Do share your finished system, seen and heard plenty this last week whilst researching so be interesting to hear it!

Lol yeah to be fare mine been gone for a little while its gone at the rear before silencer, yeah I like to go down a different route than of the shelf just hope It turns out all good..!, try and put some pics up when get mine back.

I will send you a PM later in the week if thats ok..?

But be prepared to bid a bit higher, last few went for a bit more:

http://www.ebay.co.u...E:B:WNA:US:3160

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1435.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1435.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/...11568&ext=28290

edit:

Floydbax, was the fitment OK or did you have any problems?

Edited by lolzz

No problem straight swap, a lot lighter than the OEM too. Fella, I'm just down the A50 in Knutty and I have my old YPipe still - it's OK no holes or @*!# if you need to borrow it for the MOT that's not a big deal!! They really are only a 10 minute swap (on a ramp) - I don't even know why I bothered keeping it LoL :lol:

• Like 1

No problem straight swap, a lot lighter than the OEM too.

I had an issue as it ended up an inch shorter than the standard y pipe. For the price its not bad and I haven't heard any others with problems.

I swapped mine today (been driving around with no y pipe for last three days, whole car rattles, but you get free foot massage), fitment no issues, but 1 or 2 cm shorter as well. Didn't really affect that much.

I was asking because in all the threads where someone was asking about japspeed, the answers were to stay away due to poor build quality and fitment. Interesting though, I didn't see any negative feedback from people who bought and installed it.

Mine isn't Japspeed it's Toyosports. Wasn't too short just slotted in as the OEM one, I think that's part of the reason they have 'flexi's' so it's not that much of a hassle if they are not the 'exact' fitment!! The build quality and design seemed pretty good to me and to be fair, at the price I paid for it, if it lasts a few years then it's a total bargain :lol: