Info on decats or sports cats needed

zebedy

As I was under the car two weeks ago doing all my aux belts I noticed my cats were a bit worse for ware, pulling away loose and rusty outer bits of what was now tin.Knowing I have an MOT in three months time, what would you all recrommend I do on a tight budget.

Need a dual exit because of the diffuser im fitting at the rear. So can I mix n match? and also how do you guys get around the MOT situation with decats?? Im a muppet regards to exhausts so any help here will be great to know what costs I'm gonna have facing me in a few months. Dont want to swap stuff over just to pass the MOT then swap em back, if you know what I mean.

cheers

Ye I think its just the shielding that peeling away. Will that be ok with the MOT?

I'm not an MOT tester but unless it's blowing / failing emissions I don't think it would fail... Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the MOT process will let you know.

Heat shield on my previous car's back box rotted away, I removed everything and ended up tying it in place with copper wires as a quick fix. Checked with my local garage before my MOT and he said as long as it's not blowing and securely tied up, it will be OK. But not sure if this is official B)