Boot lip spoiler question

martybhoy

Here's the situation guys.

I have a nismo v1 waiting to be fitted.

The current lip spoiler on the back of my zed though, is it just stuck on with some adhesive or are they drilled into the car?

Just wondering cause my fitting cost is going to vary if it is.

Cheers.

They are bolted on but its the adhesive that's the problem. Removing the adhesive without inflicting any damage to the bodywork is tricky and time consuming to say the least. I had a garage do mine and they made a right mess of it but several have done it themselves. I'm sure somebody will be along to advise you.

Pete

It's not myself that's going to be doing it.

I'm curios though if there is holes that need to be filled and repaired as I know the nismo wing doesn't fit onto the same area.

Just whether there is going to be more work and a bigger charge for me?

RT performance did mine when fitting my V2. I don't think you need additional holes for the V1 and AFAIK it will sit over the existing holes from the OEM spoiler so you shouldn't need to fill them...happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Edit: spelling mistake

Edited by chirag1988

There will be 2 holes uncovered when you take the lip spoiler off.

It will be covered by the Nismo wing so it's up to you if you want to weld it closed or not. If you don't make sure they put a flat rubber grommet or silicone over it to prevent water ingress into the boot floor.

People have secured the nismo with adhesive sealant, double sided tape and or bolts. I went with bolts(2 holes on each side) to ensure it went nowhere on track. You will have to drill holes for this. The choice is yours but I always say do it right or do it twice👀.