Mud flaps or no mud flaps?

Mitchell

Am considering buying a set of mud flaps for my 350z.

It a 55 reg in the light silver colour (soory dont know official colour name).

Honest opinions, do they look good? do they actually work?

How much should i expect to pay for them? seen a pair on ebay for £150.

350zgt_3.jpg

Mine came with them (can't see them particularly well in the photo but it's the best one I've got), and personally I prefer the look with them on, and they do a help a little bit to keep muck off the sides of the car :)

I bought whole set from ebay & then couldnt decide. Did a poll on here & then decided not to put them on,- sold them to fellow member.

They'r good in terms of protecting paint from chips & stopping gunj getting under car. But I didnt like rear ones, fronts added to look of car but rears IMO didnt. Plus I couldnt be bothered to spray paint & then have to remove rear wheels to fit etc

Sorry, splash guards.

I think i agree with Steve and Mike, the fronts look quite nice on when painted but the rears seem to spoil the shape of the car a little. Cheapest ones i can find are £150 and i imagine that unpainted! seems a little too much to get them on and realise i dont like em.

Unless i can find a set for around the £50 mark i dont think ill bother. just means ill have to polish her a little more.

If anyone has a spare set or know the whereabouts of one, let me know.

Do they just clip on with the existing arch liner clips or do i need to rivet them etc?

Cheers.

Sorry, splash guards.

I think i agree with Steve and Mike, the fronts look quite nice on when painted but the rears seem to spoil the shape of the car a little. Cheapest ones i can find are £150 and i imagine that unpainted! seems a little too much to get them on and realise i dont like em.

Unless i can find a set for around the £50 mark i dont think ill bother. just means ill have to polish her a little more.

If anyone has a spare set or know the whereabouts of one, let me know.

Do they just clip on with the existing arch liner clips or do i need to rivet them etc?

Cheers.

Ebay US has a couple of Nissan dealers on there. I got mine from Lees Autos and paid £78 all in for painted ones.

Rears you have to drill some holes, they provide templates, but you are better getting someone to hold them in place TBH. Fronts require no drilling and use existing hardware IIRC