Terrible FRONT axle clicking, with video!

RyanT

Good evening all,

I have a severe clicking from both my front wheels, up until now I just assumed it was the rears as it's such a well documented and known issue (and have been planning to carry out a fix) however it's only now that I've realised it's actually the fronts.

I normally drive with my windows up, radio on - So it wasn't until I drove in an enclosed street that I realised the extent of the noise!

I know a video isn't much to go on, but are any of you clever chaps able to offer a plan of attack I should follow when investigating/replacing parts? It's booked in for some other work in the near future so would like to get it done then!

Any help / insight is massive appreciated.

CLICK CLICK CLICK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9_f87ZFT0o

Have you looked under the car to see if anything is hanging down ? it sounds like something hitting the ground, bushes etc usually only make a noise when you hit a bump

also double check your wheel nuts are tight !

Thanks for the reply bud, that does actually sound likely. The noise seems synced/proportional with rotation of the wheel, rather than road surface!

Nothing dangling down, but will check the nuts asap - I have had new tyres fitted within the past month or so, along with Tarmac Sportz spacers fitted, but I even returned to the garage for them to be re-torqued after 50 miles. I'll have to investigate myself! Thanks for your input, if anyone else has anything they'd like to throw into the mix please do!

Edited by RyanT

Definitely not the banana arms, as you said it is synced with the rotations of the wheels. Would double check spacers and wheels are fitted securely asap, sounds like a creaking as if something is coming loose/slipping under pressure.

Ops right you are - well that's an embarrassing slip up ;).

Unfortunately I'm not sure, but if I was pushed for an answer I'd say no - but its suddenly got significantly more severe. But it'd make sense as its happening go both fronts (whats the chance of another component failing naturally on both sides at the same time?) I'll have a good poke around everything that rotates tomorrow!

Thank you so much everyone, I really do love this community. I'll have a big investigation tomorrow and update this thread, who knows it might help someone else in the future!

What Alex says above - quite a few members in the past have had issues with the splash shields hitting the discs or something caught between the two, and given the work on your car that may be more than a co-incidence.