views on best decat pipes

gazzard27

hi guys,

im looking to Decat (not worried about MOT or anything) the car will be getting uprev'd at some point so no worries on power front.

just wondering the best decats to get ? with regards to the CEL etc and also quality vs price ?

ive seen some on amazon with no brand just wondered if anyones had experience with any of these or are currently running non branded decats?

example

http://www.amazon.com/Nissan-FairLadyZ-Exhaust-Downpipe-Straight/dp/B007BVUAZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425549922&sr=8-1&keywords=350z+test+pipe

just seems some of the branded stuff is expensive but if its worth it im willing to pay the extra...

was looking at berk test pipes with the CEL fix from tarmacsportz if anyones used these also?

I've got the Berks and yes they do, but it's not 100% If you're getting an UpRev though, it's not really something to worry about too much.

Berks do seem to be the most popular, they have a bit of a rasp to them which I love, but some don't like. If you want less/no rasp, look at the ARK decats, they are a chunk more £ though.

ETA: Yes they do come with CEL fix and gaskets, can't remember on the bolts.

Edited by morgs

Another plus 1 here for the Berks De-Cats. :teeth:

I went for Berks as I knew the quality of Berks products was good after having their HFC's previously but also because the Berks De-Cats where one of the few De-Cats that came with extra O2 bungs on each pipe so that you can fit wide band O2 sensors if you want to run AFR gauges.

Very happy with mine and the sound is amazing imo. B)

Thanks for the replies guys..

Berks all out of stock at the moment :(

So i ordered kinetix test pipes that look almost identical and claim no cel either.

I'll post pics and vids in a week or so.

Thanks to Adrian @torqen for sorting me out and being so understanding to my newbie quiz questions :)

• Like 1

I dont doubt that once i turn that ignition on :)

Anyone else running kinetix?

I also need exhaust advice... what would go well with the kinetix. .. im staying N/A so dont want dual 3" pipes cause id imagine that'd lose power.

Correct me if im wrong and exhaust recommendations needed :)

Gazza exhaust wise it is hard to recommend especially not knowing your budget but also because everyone has a slightly different idea usually of what sounds good to them.

Have a good look here: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=32850911-9f8a-43e4-a5fc-24678e254d1d

Lot's of choices & different priced systems ~ once you find something you like then maybe ask the question to see what owners of that exhaust system you're after think. ;)

Cobra system seems to be popular, good balance of sound/quality/price/looks.

I haven't seen many with the Kinetix, so couldn't comment on how they would go with them, but plenty with Berks and I imagine it wouldn't be massively different..

• 2 weeks later...

50a6239543b41ae5182ee2417ebc5082.jpg

Just put japspeed ones on mine ! The o2 sensor spacer bung works a treat no EML

Worth looking into..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the o2 spacer on the Cobra decats and know if it works? Can't get rid of the EML on mine.

Aaron, keep an eye on the Japspeed, they're known to have really bad fitment and weldings to crack.
cheers for the heads up ! To be honest when i fitted them they were pretty snug, ran the car and checked for leaks and there was non present.. But i will keep my eyes open !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reece, first, you need to read the error and find out if it is caused by the decats. Secondly, you need to sort the exhaust leak. If the error persist after that you can try filling the test pipes with steel wool. There are many users in US that are using this trick for many thousands of miles and over 1 year with no problem. Lastly, you can disable the sensors with UpRev tune.