Insurance due for renewal after having an accident

Macnore

Hello forum,

After owning for 1 x year Insurance now due for renewal shortly.

Unfortunately had an accident, not long after getting it, some 20 year old hit me travelling out of a one way street the wrong way,

Not my fault, there Insurnace paid out etc, so no problem at the time, however I will need to declare it this time round when renewing.

I have been told my premium will probably go up, even though the accident wasn't my fault.

Accident by default I was told.

Would this be possible, ?, doesn't seem right if it's not your fault, so why should my premium go up.

Any one had any experience of this.

Thanks

luck of the draw - it depends who you're with and how they nominate it

I was hit nearly 5 years ago (my car was parked) - I just have to declare it as a no fault claim

edit

as Dan said it makes none or very little difference on mine

Edited by ioneabee

Cheers for replies, I'm with Admiral just now on a multiple car policies, with my insignia I use for work.

So double trouble, probably would go up anyway after year 1, once they reel you in for the first year.

Nothing worse than trawling Insurance Websites, will try the comparison sites as a tester.

Cheers for replies, I'm with Admiral just now on a multiple car policies, with my insignia I use for work.

So double trouble, probably would go up anyway after year 1, once they reel you in for the first year.

Nothing worse than trawling Insurance Websites, will try the comparison sites as a tester.

probably would go up anyway after year 1, once they reel you in for the first year.

Most insurance brokers make a loss on any quote taken out online, so the price will nearly always go up the following year.

Yes. A roof fell on my car which the building insurers eventually paid out for. My motorcycle insurance went up at the next renewal ..... :scare:

Whats stopping the roof from falling on the bike next time?

Insurance comany logic.

To be fair in your case it's obviously not relivant to the risk but in some cases it can be.

Edited by nowhereboy

Yes. A roof fell on my car which the building insurers eventually paid out for. My motorcycle insurance went up at the next renewal ..... :scare:

Why did you declare it? I wouldn't have.

Household insurance has zero to do with motoring insurance.

Why did you declare it? I wouldn't have.

Household insurance has zero to do with motoring insurance.

My car insurance repaired my car and were then going to write it off when the building insurers denied liability. I had to take out a civil claim before they eventually agreed to pay up (including any extra costs). But my motorcycle insurance had come up for renewal in the meantime so it had to be declared as a claim on my car insurance.