NAS Help, files not visible?

Tricky-Ricky

I know there are some petty tech savvy people here so I though I would ask in the hope someone can shed some light on this problem?

I recently bought a cheap Zyexl NSA320S to replace my old Net gear Stora, which I thought had died, however it turns out it hasn't.

Anyway I am a bit of a novice when it comes to the finer points of network nas, the Stora was extremely easy to set up, but I have configured the 320S as best I can and I transferred a lot of video files to it, and was able to access them from my windows 7 laptop via local network as well as the built in interface.

Now all was well for a while, but yesterday I discovered than I can no longer see any of the video files via local network, I can however access then via my TV and the built in steaming interface, now I don't recall changing anything, and I have since been through all the options and shares again but the result is still the same, I have already tried "show hidden files" in windows to no avail, so can anyone tell me whats likely to have happened please?

Just been having a look again and the not seeing the files seems to be intermittent sometimes I can see them briefly and then the next time the folder is opened there gone again.

• Like 1

I had the same with an old Buffalo Drive . . . turned out to be indexing, I had to wait for about 20min before all the files showed up. Since I changed to a better more powerful drive its all fine.

Not saying its the issue . but could be.

I have just discovered that the new video files that I have uploaded do not appearer in the nas web based browser, or the TVs so its starting to look like the files have been somehow changed to another type that is not visible to windows but are to media trans-coders, I know the nas uses a Linux based file system, but it shouldn't have change the files to only be read by Linux, I did download a free Linux file browser but the free version wont view over the network.