Nismo LMGT Wheels + Stupid Questions

KS2006

Hi All,

From what I've read you can get the LMGT wheels in black but its a limited edition run. So what do people think of buying some silver wheels and getting them powdercoated (or something?). My roadster is black and I want black/gunmetal wheels as I think they look the dogs danglies.

Can I get 19's and just bung them on with no worries or are there other things that need doing? Does it muck up the speedo, ESP ? Am I going to have issues with the brake calipers etc.

Whats the deal with offsets & spacers?

Any issues with rubbing or the tyres sticking out of the arches?

In my 'tiny mind' if I put 19's on I will gain a little in ride height? This will help with my scraping issue and I get nice spanky looking wheels. Sure it might look a bit crap compared to what people expect but such is life :p

Cheers

Confused :headhurt:

Hi All,

From what I've read you can get the LMGT wheels in black but its a limited edition run. So what do people think of buying some silver wheels and getting them powdercoated (or something?). My roadster is black and I want black/gunmetal wheels as I think they look the dogs danglies.

Can I get 19's and just bung them on with no worries or are there other things that need doing? Does it muck up the speedo, ESP ? Am I going to have issues with the brake calipers etc.

In my 'tiny mind' if I put 19's on I will gain a little in ride height? This will help with my scraping issue and I get nice spanky looking wheels. Sure it might look a bit crap compared to what people expect but such is life :p

Cheers

LMGT4's in black were limited and only 18"

Yes you can just stick 19's on without any issues, I did.

No issues with brake calipers if you buy wheels with the correct offsets etc.

Offset is how far they stick out of the arches. +18 is very aggressive and will be sticking outside of the car. +38 will be inside the arches and look pants, think Jag E-type.

Spacers are used as a cheaper way getting the wheels to stick out more. EG a set of wheels with an offset of +38 may require a set of spacers to get them further of of the wheel arch.

Ride shouldn't be any higher as even though the wheels are bigger, the aspect ratio of the tyres goes from 45 to 35.

HTH

:D

The LMGT4's are specific in offset for the 350Z as Sarnie said the tyre sizes accomodate the difference in rolling radius by reducing the profile of the tyre to a 35 profile.

We have five sets of the silver with polished rims arriving on friday of this week, I can't confirm the exact price until we have the paperwork in the next day or so but will be competitive and with full warranty.

Hi All,

Cheers

Offset is how far they stick out of the arches. +18 is very aggressive and will be sticking outside of the car. +38 will be inside the arches and look pants, think Jag E-type.

Spacers are used as a cheaper way getting the wheels to stick out more. EG a set of wheels with an offset of +38 may require a set of spacers to get them further of of the wheel arch.

Ride shouldn't be any higher as even though the wheels are bigger, the aspect ratio of the tyres goes from 45 to 35.

HTH

Bloody hell, that must be your longest post this year!

Hi All,

Cheers

HTH

I know, i got bored half way through and nearly deleted it all :lol:

Hi All,

Cheers

Black LMGT4 were a limited run, about 3 years ago and no longer made

the wheels are offered in silver and bronze in 18 and 19 inch sizes though in Z specific offsets

Hi All,

Cheers

HTH

And his most informative :p

Hi All,

Cheers

HTH

And his most informative :p

:p