gear knob - leatherette wearing

neo

my Z as only done around 18,000 i've started to notice the leatherette around the top of the gear knob is wearing away, would this be a warranty claim as my warranty as nearly run out :surrender: so wanna get it booked in b4 it does ??

Neo, perhaps try some leather conditioner, Meguiar's (or the like) may help soften the leather and slow the leather from cracking or wearing any further.

I actually think it's more about driving style rather than wearing rings damaging the leather. I wear massive chunky rings and for the almost 57k's my Z has driven there is very little wear on the leather.

Have you got any photos of the wear? Might be able to give you a few tips, if I can see the damage.

No chance I'm afraid Neo. In my letter to the MD of NMGB where I got the wheels done, the leather wearing was still flatly refused. If you get a good dealer, you may be lucky.....

What do the NISMO ones look like Phil...?? ;)

No chance I'm afraid Neo. In my letter to the MD of NMGB where I got the wheels done, the leather wearing was still flatly refused. If you get a good dealer, you may be lucky.....

What do the NISMO ones look like Phil...?? ;)

Avaiable in chrome, black chrome,carbon fibre and titanium.

nismoknob.jpg

I used the laquer brush (that comes with the colour touch) & lightly went around the top of the gear knob (in straight 1cm lines), like a laquer frame around the top of the knob. This covered all the worn area, made it look brand new. After a while the new laquer colour will blend into the rest, looking perfect.

got these arriving in November.

Tommy Kaira

tk1.jpg

tk2.jpg

tk3.jpg

as well as the full range of Nismo ones.

WTF is the red thing on the top, Phil???? :wacko:

Tommy kaira's official symbol is the red turtle.

The turtle - known for its speed and agility! :lol:

Cabon one for me, how much Phil? You're gonna be getting even newer bigger premises at this rate :teeth:

black and chrome versions £45

carbon version £55

Titanium £85

Good stuff. As its payday I think I may be having one :thumbs:

Does it come with the finisher for around the gear gaiter? (think thats the right word for it!)

Another image for those looking at getting one:

32865-RN109-xxx(1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...