Steering Wheel Shudder

Mudman

Morning all

Just woken the car up up from its winter hibernation. Took it for a drive last week and noticed quite a bad shudder on braking especially at lower speeds. It seemed to reduce and was a lot less after the hourish drive. Is this a result of the cold/damp conditions on the disc or something I need to check out ? The car was covered and not used from Mid December to last weekend and was parked without the handbrake on. I'm thinking there may be some residue off the pads and hoping will wear off. Brake efficiency doesn't seem to be affected. The disk were a bit rusty but look ok now Been looking for an excuse for a disk skim !

Rob

as above - clear the surface rust from the rotors with a bit of driving and get a bit of heat in them. if it was in good condition when it was parked, should be in good condition now!

if problem persists in a week or two, then start to do more analysis.

I thought rotors were those twirly bits on the top of helicoptors

Don't you mean disc brakes? :teeth:

sorry! watching so many American car shows that words like 'stock', 'tranny', 'rotors' 'popping the hood' are becoming part of my vocabulary!

I even catch myself pronouncing 'coupe' as 'coup' which is just wrong!

I'll let you off this time ;)