New 370z questions

ApexTM

Hi guys,

I have had my 370z GT for a week now, px'd my Focus ST. Sad to see it go, but the 370 is just in another league. Its got 17k on the clock, but the last owner has not been the most caring to the wheels. Its got the silver 19 oem rays but I have seen cars with them in gunmetal colour, was this a option at purchase?

Like this car

https://uk.images.se...fee&fr2=piv-web

Also the passenger door requires pushing the little button on the handle to open. Is this normal?

Many Thanks,

Tom

post-24694-0-50363800-1424022951_thumb.jpg

Edited by ApexTM

The gunmetal colour was mainly for the 40th Aniversary Edition, however im sure some of the new GT Editions came with dark wheels too.

The small button is only for the keyless system. When you unlock the car with the fob, does it only unlock the drivers door?

Edited by ross27

What he said. Those colours wheels come on the Black Edition (aka 40th Anniversary Edition), the GT Edition and the MK 1 Nismo.

If you want yours done a similar colour don't go hunting for a paint code, as there isn't one. It's a two stage finish with a base coat of black dusted with silver. Best to take a picture of the wheels and ask for it to be replicated.

The gunmetal colour was mainly for the 40th Aniversary Edition, however im sure some of the new GT Editions came with dark wheels too.

The small button is only for the keyless system. When you unlock the car with the fob, does it only unlock the drivers door?

Thanks for the reply, at first both keys only unlocked the car when really close to the boot or the doors. But now I have changed the batteries and they both work from much further away. To answer your question, yes when I press the unlock button only the drivers door unlocks.

Tom

Mine changed when the setting to lock all doors were activated when I drive off, I have to remember to unlock the passenger door for people now. Like Will370z said it's a security feature and my peace of mind, no one can jump in the car when I'm at a red lights or traffic :thumbs:

If you want yours done a similar colour don't go hunting for a paint code, as there isn't one. It's a two stage finish with a base coat of black dusted with silver. Best to take a picture of the wheels and ask for it to be replicated.

I have the paint code for the mk1 nismo wheels, Its k.a.d,

Edited by api330

I have the paint code for the mk1 nismo wheels, Its k.a.d,

I don't think that's right. KAD is the code for gun metal, but it doesn't alter the fact that the wheels are a two stage finish. If you painted the wheels with that colour you would not get the slightly smokey/two tone effect that these wheels have - you'd get a flat one stage gun metal finish that would stick out like a sore thumb. I'd love to be wrong because refurbishing these wheels is a complete pain. Have you used that colour on your wheels?

Edited by sipar69

Sipar is right, even nissan themselves cant match the wheel colours. They have tried twice with mine and still failed.

Me too. I've had a refurb on one wheel that isn't a completely perfect match, albeit that I think it's sufficiently close that nobody else can tell the difference if I don't point it out.

My first 370 had the silver wheels. Despite the lack of a code, they are much easier to match than the dark wheels. You should be fine. It's the dark wheels that are very difficult to properly match.

This is my car from the side on. You'll see that the front wheel, which has been refurbished, is slightly darker than the rear. Fortunately, in the flesh it's very difficult to see the difference, especially because these wheels look different shades at different angles anyway. The picture makes it look worse than it looks in person. At some stage, I'll probably get them both redone so they match exactly.

image3_zps036d5f81.jpg

This is a pre-refurb picture and you'll see that the angle makes the front wheel look darker even though it's exactly the same colour.

imagejpg1_zps94f8f481.jpg

Edited by sipar69

Thanks for the reply, nice car by the way! I can see a slight difference but probably only because you told me. I am torn between going silver or nismo/gt ed style. Has anyone got a photo of a le mans car with the nismo/gt ed wheels?

Many Thanks,

Tom

Thanks. Not seen a picture but I reckon the darker wheels would look good with the blue.

If you go for that shade my advice is to make sure the people you are taking the car to are able to do this two stage finish - perhaps email them a photo first. Some places won't touch this sort of work. It's also woth bearing in mind that if you do accidentally scrape the wheel you will probably need to get at least both wheels on the same side refurbished for a perfect match.

I'm not tryng to put you off by the way - I love this colour on Z wheels, you just need to be aware that it does mean some additional hassle and expense if you ding them. :)

Edited by sipar69