Legal advice (General form of Judgement)

liamgdr

Hopefully someone can help me with this situation, I think it may be too old to do anything though.

5 years ago I bought my first car from a motor trader in Bradford.

Everything looked good at first, however when I got home I found that although the radio worked it didn't detect cd's, once I found this was a £250 fix I contacted the dealer I bought it from and he said bring it down on the weekend and he would replace the cd player. After a 65 mile one way journey he point blank refused to fix it and said I never spoke to him. Obviously fuming I had the car checked at a local garage and found around £500 of other problems, I sent him letters/emails, never received anything back, eventually we ended up in court.

I won £815 (July 2010), however the business wasn't a LTD company and the judgment was made against an individual person, the person who was in court was the guy who sold me the car although he only bought the company 1 month prior to the court hearing and refused to acknowledge he had ever worked there prior to buying it or knew who I was.

Basically as soon as they knew I was taking them to court they transferred the business to a family member/friend, I tried chasing this at the time but I never got anywhere, I moved house changed jobs etc and forgot about the whole thing until today when I found the 'General form of Judgment' from Bradford County Court for £815.

Is there anything that can be done with this, or should I let it go?

Thanks, Liam.