DIY Interior Thread

zebedy

Looks great mate! Only thing I would do is do the silver heater surrounds in the same colour and maybe some of the other silver bits to match :)

agree, they look wofully poor. match them up. or I would suggest, black them out!

Yes with you there. There's a few on here that have bought black suade ones with contrasting stitching. Gonna go with that I think. Need to find that link though. Cheers.

:thumbs: That'd look good. I would have a word with Mondo about it, as the stuff he has done for members looks awesome! He's the chap sandwiched between our posts! :scare:

• Like 1

Hi mondo. So how much would a black perforated leather gaiter with amber stitching cost us guys?? Thank. Also additional cost for maybe an embroided logo?

You can't have embroidery on perforated leather, I'm afraid - due to the perforation holes.

A gaiter in black perforated leather with amber topstitching would be £10.00 including delivery :)

I already bought this one. (ebay from the link that alot of you guys purchased on here.

Black suade with amber stiching.

DSC_0605_zpsd7icpipa.jpg

DSC_0607_zpseav3qrab.jpg

So next off Ive just bought a small 3.5" screen off ebay for the reversing camera which will sit nicely near the top of the tablet.

Hopefully doors off week end to paint the lower sections with copper gold and the door handles and door switch surrounds wrapped.

In the process of wrapping the centre vent surrounds, which as you can see are missing off the dash.

Edited by ZZZebady

Arrgghhh.

Anyway, if you remember I took the doors off the small cubbies and have sorted the power supply so that they will be lit from the inside.

DSC_0549_zps7wv0vckc.jpg

So these are the masks I've made last night. 5mm Perspex with vinyl fronts. I tried to make the zed look like a welsh dragon, as I'm welsh. Got to sort out some 12v lighting from eBay then all can be put on with 3m double sided tape just in case they need to be popped off at some point.

DSC_0624_zpsz2hp5ttk.jpg

DSC_0625_zpsmwjjkhoi.jpg[/url

Again sorry to Amy for nicking the idea!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So nearly there now. Door handles, switch surrounds and steering wheel left to do.

The copper foil looked crap on the vent surrounds so had a go painting them then brushed them with sand paper to get that brushed looked. Im ok pleased with them.

Also need to change the lights in the cubbies to orange as and when I find any.

DSC_0656_zpsf4vdp731.jpg

DSC_0657_zpszou1c3fn.jpg