Rota torque et12......

nowhereboy

Apparantly not. I've noticed this size is available on rimstyles website and it says it will fit the 350Z with brembos.

it might look a little weak tho and lost in the arch, if I go for these sizes i'll end up getting spacers anyway at some point no doubt.

Can't you just get the right size to remove the need for spacers?

Trying to keep stock tyres which is whats causing the ball ache.

Could always just cough up and put the rear tyres on the fronts and get wider wheels/ new tyres, it's going to ruin me financially for the month if I do that tho.

Just stretch the tyres then ;)

Trying to keep stock tyres which is whats causing the ball ache.

Could always just cough up and put the rear tyres on the fronts and get wider wheels/ new tyres, it's going to ruin me financially for the month if I do that tho.

My advice would be to wait or just cripple your self for a month, either or :p

Tyres will need changing at some point....However the wheels will be a pretty permanent purchase...

Honestly, get the wider wheels, you'll be much happier for it :)

A what if scenario - You buy these wheels, transfer over old tyres...and out of sheer bad luck....someone slashes those tyres...you'd then have to go out and buy new tyres any way :lol:

• Like 3

Streching sounds like a good plan, as long as it's safe? Last thing I want is for a tyre to come off and break my new rims.

I don't really fancy being skint for another month as buying the Type R killed me last month too. It seems the more I earn the more I spend, never enough £££££ to fund my car passion :lol:

• Like 1

Streching sounds like a good plan, as long as it's safe? Last thing I want is for a tyre to come off and break my new rims.

I don't really fancy being skint for another month as buying the Type R killed me last month too. It seems the more I earn the more I spend, never enough £££££ to fund my car passion :lol:

Should be fine mate. I've had no issues. Just so you;re aware, you may have a bit of trouble getting the bead to sit right on the tyres so may need to go somewhere with a "bead cheater/seater" to get the tyres on. That's what I had to do with mine.

So which setup are you likely to go with?

Cheers fella.

I'm doing my head in looking over options to be honest, I just can't decide. I'm torn between rota grids and going 9.5 and 10 et20 or rota torques at 9.5 et12 all round. I prefer the grids to be honest but that wheel has been done to death on 350's.

I do know I want them in bronze, that bits for sure now :lol:

I'm off on saturday and will head to revolution to check out the wheels in the flesh, they stock most of the rota stuff. Might help me decide.

I quite like the torques, nice choice if you choose them - I love grids but as you say they are a common choice... But for obvious reasons, they work and suit the car.

It's only hurting your head because you want to keep your old tyres :lol: forget that and it's easy :)

#teamtarmac

• Like 1

I have the standard tyres on 9.5J fronts and 10.5J rears. There's not a massive amount of stretch.

If you want to get your wheels asap just do that for now until you can afford new tyres.

Does this give the wheels a nice flush look to the arch? whats your et?

• Like 1

I have the standard tyres on 9.5J fronts and 10.5J rears. There's not a massive amount of stretch.

If you want to get your wheels asap just do that for now until you can afford new tyres.

Does this give the wheels a nice flush look to the arch? whats your et?

Think he's running ET15.... It sits well.

Yep ET15 and its nice and flush..

IMAG0930.jpg

Ended up going for the grids. 18x9.5 et20 and 10 et15. The bloke in revolution said the tyre stretch is not huge and no problem. Also ordered tein springs. Booked in to get it sorted in a couple of weeks on my holiday from work. Happy days!

Awesome mate, lowering a bit then to? post a pic when they are on! :D Did you get to see all the wheels in the flesh?

• Like 1

Yea revolution had a good choice of rotas, was temped to go for the d2ex with the silver lip but I figured it would be a bit of a gamble so opted to play safe with the grids.

Lowering slightly with the teins (only about 17mm). Ideally I'd wanted to go about 30mm but it would be a right pain the arse getting in and out my street everyday.

Only concern now is that their might be a pretty heffty gap between the tyre and the arch as the tyres will be stretched a decent bit and the car isn't super low. I guess time will tell, I will be getting the correct tyre sizes in the future anyway so it's not really an issue.

Sounds good mate, and thats the issue with lowering for me as well, dont want the problem of being 'to low' that it just cant function!

Well the gap will only be as big as having the stock wheels on right? Personally the stock height is just about ok for me

• 3 weeks later...