Rota torque et12......

nowhereboy

It's that time again where I'm thinking of ways to spend my paycheck before it's even arrived :lol:

Anyway, I've kind of went off the idea of rota GTR's and have started swaying towards the rota torques again. Driftworks do them in either 18" 9.5 et12 or et30, they also do a 8.5 et30.

I quite liked idea of having the 8.5's up front so they would have the flat spokes and the 9.5's on the back. I've done a bit of research on here and it would seem the 8.5 et30's would not clear the brembos up front? Which would mean getting spacers and I want to avoid that.

I could just run 9.5 et12 all round but I'm a bit worried the fronts would poke to much and look daft?

Does anyone on here run them? I have searched but can't seem to find anything. Also as before I'm planning on running stock sized tyres until they run out so thats also worth a mention.

Sorry to be a pain the arse and make probably my 5th wheel topic since buying the car :surrender:

Very usefull thanks!

I'm at work so cant actually view the picture but I'll check it out when I get on a different computer later on.

I'm currently browsing tyrestretch.com to see if my stock tyres will fit and it looks like they should go on no problems. Some people on driftworks running silly stretch and they drive their cars much harder than I will.

I think the ET12's should clear. Someone on here bought them in 9.5 et30 and needed a ten mill spacer to clear them. So if I'm right in what I'm thinking thats pretty much a 9.5 et20.

My other thoughts are if I should run the stock tyres all round until they wear out and then buy the correct sizes or should I stick the rear tyres on the front and just buy new rears. That way I could use the correct sizes (but also spend more ££££).

I'm sure the stock 225 front will fit on a 9.5j anyway but not sure if it will look right? It's hard to picture, it could potentialy look really good if the car was slammed.

• Like 1

I think the ET12's should clear. Someone on here bought them in 9.5 et30 and needed a ten mill spacer to clear them. So if I'm right in what I'm thinking thats pretty much a 9.5 et20.

My other thoughts are if I should run the stock tyres all round until they wear out and then buy the correct sizes or should I stick the rear tyres on the front and just buy new rears. That way I could use the correct sizes (but also spend more ££££).

I'm sure the stock 225 front will fit on a 9.5j anyway but not sure if it will look right? It's hard to picture, it could potentialy look really good if the car was slammed.

I have 225's on my fronts and 245's on my 10.5J rears and they fit with some stretching! If you have life in them you may as well keep them for now.

I have 225's on my fronts and 245's on my 10.5J rears and they fit with some stretching! If you have life in them you may as well keep them for now.

Nice one, at least I know I can do that if needs be. Tho now that you've said it I'm sure we've had this conversation before haha!

I really need to try and track down a picture of someone running rota torque 18 9.5 et12 all round to help me make a decision but I cant find one anywhere, all the yanks seem to run et20. I'm starting to think it might look better with a et30 wheel up front with a small spacer. rather than having equal poke on the front and back.

Edited by nowhereboy
  • Like 1

Nice one, at least I know I can do that if needs be. Tho now that you've said it I'm sure we've had this conversation before haha!

I really need to try and track down a picture of someone running rota torque 18 9.5 et12 all round to help me make a decision but I cant find one anywhere, all the yanks seem to run et20. I'm starting to think it might look better with a et30 wheel up front with a small spacer. rather than having equal poke on the front and back.

LOL yes that is probably likely, seems like I'm having this convo every few days :lol:

Just found this. Running 9.5J ET12 as a square setup...

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/32128-what-wheels-are-these/

Quick update on this.

I e-mailed driftworks asking a few things and they said et12 wont fit without arch work and I will need camber arms etc etc....I'm confident thats wrong and I didn't much care for the way the email was wored to be honest so I'm probably going to put my order in elsewhere.

Due to needing work on the type R coilovers will be off the menu for the time being so I'm looking at springs. I'm thinking of going for the tein s.techs as the drop is subtle and shouldn't cause any issues with scrapping/rubbing etc.

Quick update on this.

I e-mailed driftworks asking a few things and they said et12 wont fit without arch work and I will need camber arms etc etc....I'm confident thats wrong and I didn't much care for the way the email was wored to be honest so I'm probably going to put my order in elsewhere.

Due to needing work on the type R coilovers will be off the menu for the time being so I'm looking at springs. I'm thinking of going for the tein s.techs as the drop is subtle and shouldn't cause any issues with scrapping/rubbing etc.

Was this for 18inch wheels? Cant see how they wouldnt fit even with my little knowledge. I dont blame you mate, I thought ide order from Driftworks but might think twice... Have you looked at Japan Racing wheels? Cheaper than Rota's although they dont have an exact lookalike to the Torques.

Yea it was for the 18's :surrender:

Thrown a spanner in the works there fella! The JR11's look very nice for the money.

I must say tho the "hyper black" rota torques look awesome too tho, think the colour would look great on a silver Z. Gonna pop down to revolution motorstore in newcastle on the weekend as they stock loads of wheels, will be good to see em in the flesh.

Edited by nowhereboy

Yeah the 11's do look really good, and you get the nice concave of the torques!

Yeah they do look awesome on the lighter coloured Z's. I personally wouldnt want black on black with my car so thats why Im edging more towards the Bronze :)

Let me know how that goes mate ;)

• Like 1

The yanks all seem to run rota torques 9.5 et20 up front without spacers so the et12's should be fine? Whoever sent the e-mail didn't mention spacers either.

Don't make the mistake I made, 90% of the yanks don't have Brembo's.

I was like 'Oh yeah, they run same setup as I want in the states...I'll be fine...'

• Like 1