Tyre Stretch

MrBlack

Ok i need some help and advice , i know Tyre stretch is a bit dangerous and some people dont like it at all

but i want my car lower so stretch is needed i currently have

18" wheels

Rear 11" et8

Front 9.5" et10

not sure what tyres to get that can have quite a bit of stretch but i dont want to mess up any of the traction and make it wobbly , i know the speedo will be out regardless and thats fine

Just wondering if anyone has some help or advice or previously ran into same sort of thing

I am not going to be buying brand new tyres most likely be part worn as this look is just for shows etc and i doubt i will be driving it how it is ment to be driven for the time it is set up accordingly , i have used willtheyfit.com etc but tbh im still not to sure :/

Thanks in advance :D

InstagramCapture_2b59864d-f8de-4e9d-99fd-5a912b54f84e_zpsxpmygz4r.jpg

Not sure if a stretch alone will be enough as that set up looks rather aggressive. Do you have a shot from behind?

Regarding stretch; in my experience the ride will be affected and that lovely rim of yours (which will be expose) will suffer each time you come across pothole. I used to run a mild stretch; 215 tyre on a 9J x 19 Eh2 IS18, as soon as they were worn I threw a par of 245's on (wanted to go wider although the arches would rub). Much better

Edited by Ceejay29
  • Like 1

Hmm looks good ! Think I might run a bit more stretch than that .. 255 and 235 .. Have you tried lowering yours

Lowering in a couple of weeks.

Trust me, those tyre sizes will work, if anyone should know about cosmis fittings, it's me :lol:

245 will be perfect fitment on the front.

Don't know why you'd want more stretch on the rear. Loads of room with 265. I currently want to try 275.

Once you get coilovers and set stiffness you will be able to go lower for sure :D i think i can try it without rolling

What is the reason for trying it without rolling the arches? I don't get that... They will rub, it's as simple as that. Unless you plan on running it on stock height.

It's like £50 or something for someone to roll the inside lip...

Mostly because your altering the cars body and shape . So if I ever revert from this style or even go to resell . I mean yeah I know I may have to and when it comes to it I will . But if there is a chance I don't have to that's good

Mostly because your altering the cars body and shape . So if I ever revert from this style or even go to resell . I mean yeah I know I may have to and when it comes to it I will . But if there is a chance I don't have to that's good

98% of buyers won't care if you've had the arches rolled. If you get a professional to do it you'd never even know!

• Like 1

Ok I didn't know that , I hold my hands up and say I'm pretty new to rolled arches and the like so info on that is great if there's a way of doing it that can do it to a grade where it still looks good and professional I'm all for that

You are not thinking of flaring rather than rolling are you?

Put your finger under the arch and feel the lip, that's what you are wanting to roll flat... It would make no difference to the car when done right.

You are not thinking of flaring rather than rolling are you?

Put your finger under the arch and feel the lip, that's what you are wanting to roll flat... It would make no difference to the car when done right.

Yeah realised this . hahaha , ill show myself out ... :blush: Thanks guys