Clutch Noise ? when in neutral

Sethyd

Both of ours do this. The 313 is noisier than the 276 by some margin...both have around 20k on the clock.

Oh, I didn't know that, is their any reason for this that anybody knows? Infact... Does anybody know why it does it in the first place ? lol

• 1 month later...

strange noise just started with my zed over the weekend. had the car for a while and sitting idle yeah it wasn't the quietest but as i had read it's normal. But now it's definitely making new noise, slow speeds dipping clutch and changing gear, getting this noise that's like a syncro robotic arm coming to a stop kinda noise , if that makes any sense at all. high pitch fast noise which then quickly stops and goes away until you change gear gear of dip clutch quickly..... any idea what this is? do i need to open a new thread?

Mine sometimes does this mostly seems when I have driven it for a longer period of time. I have resorted to keeping my foot down on the clutch when stationery to avoid it 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a shame to have this noise, only owned the car 5 weeks but this is the only thing I don't like about the car. I have the invidia genesis and the car sounds beautiful, then every now and again at 1800rpm it sounds like it's eating itself. A bit embarrassing really when you have somebody in the car with you. Would love to hear if anybody has managed to quieten it without replacement as my clutch is fine.

mine does it too mate and it's an hr model with 45k on the clock. I've got her nearly 3 years now and it has been like that since I bought her, she still drives lol so no worries ! :)

Edited by Damiiian

Take it back. Release bearing . Gearbox out .

JC.

Not true.... There is no problem with your car it's common and my car makes the same sound in neutral... You just need to see the car as less refined and raw. If you want to fix it then it up to you but that's if your fussy

+1 for normal noise. I had exactly the same concern and there is nothing wrong with my car. And i think I must be in the top 10 (number 1 spot no less) for the number of miles driven!

Enjoy your car :)