clutch spring

nissanman312

Swapped it for the updated one available on ebay from the US guys that figured out the correct tension and size. Well recommend it...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201111152023

Bite point and feel will be improved, easily fitted and swapped back. Some remove all together and you can try this during fitting if you like.

The engine starts by activating a switch at the bottom of travel of the clutch pedal- so it's impossible not to be able to start it during adjustment, as your clutch pedal will always reach the END of its travel?

The switch at the top is to disengage the cruise control when the clutch pedal is all then way up- position of this switch can be adjusted but it's fair to say that you could move te pedal lower than its maximum adjustment point so the cruise control would not engage. Is this what you're getting at?

I think the only reason that there is a spring fitted is because Nissan designers got the fulcrum position wrong in the first place.

FWIW I think this is Internet hearsay, as lots of cars have a helper spring and its a simple matter of moving the drilled hole on the clutch pedal to adjust the fulcrum.

It makes the movement more linear so my grandmother could operate the clutch - but badly.

I think the only reason that there is a spring fitted is because Nissan designers got the fulcrum position wrong in the first place.

FWIW I think this is Internet hearsay, as lots of cars have a helper spring and its a simple matter of moving the drilled hole on the clutch pedal to adjust the fulcrum.

It makes the movement more linear so my grandmother could operate the clutch - but badly.

Not hearsay fella, I speak from direct experience, and yes its relatively easy to change the fulcrum point, if you know what your doing,

http://www.350z-uk.c...40#entry1163127

The start switch can be bypassed, a very good idea IMO as it causes a lot of pressure on the crankshaft thrust bearings and because there is no real oil pressure in the very crucial seconds of start up, it can cause serious problems, I have seen a lot of reported thrust bearing failures as a result.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky