Help with promotion problem

newkid

What do you do ?

Im a shift manager at a manufacturing company. The position i applied for was for a process development technician. The interview i have been offered is for a production manager.

Really good luck with whichever you decide to go for :thumbs:

• Like 1

Funny how things go isn't it :)

That being said an interview is just the start. Commit to preparing for the interview and study the new organisation before you go to the interview.

Find out as much information as you can about how the work, run and operate. Scour the Internet for information about what's been happening at this other organisation over the last 3-5 years.

What business and operational changes have they made in that period? What other organisations have they worked with to make those changes? What challenges might they have faced/be facing? What successes have they had, what direction are they heading in?

All common sense stuff, but it really is doing the research. I'm sure as long as prepare and can be confident about your strengths. As well as being honest about how you've worked on improving your own skills ( training courses you are going to put yourself through etc). You will do fine and ace this interview.

If you can work on the interview and then get an offer, well happy days, it's a new challenge and opportunity for you. You'll have got it by your own effort and experience, as well as by being prepared to step outside your comfort zone.

I would wish you good luck, but it won't be luck if you get the offer. It'll be because you got off your backside and worked for it.

• Like 3