Magnetic Sump Bung

LewisL

Hello

Going to service the car this weekend while I am fitting some rack spacers and wondered if these magnetic sump bolts are worth it or is it just a gimmick and something for chavs to claim gives them a few extra imaginary ponies lol

Edited by LewisL

Hello

Going to service the car this weekend while I am fitting some rack spacers and wondered if these magnetic sump bolts are worth it or is it just a gimmick and something for chavs to claim gives them a few extra imaginary ponies lol

One of our best selling products

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_Greddy_Magnetic_Oil_Drain_Plug/350z-350z-13901301_.aspx

Greddy Magnetic Oil Drain Plug

When driving your high performance 350z to the limit,you want to make sure your cooling and lubrication systems is working at their peak. A magnetic oil drain plug is a great way to ensure just that. The Greddy magnetic oil drain plug for the 350z will grab any small metal shavings or other debris as they are circulated through your oil system,keeping potential contaminants from damaging vital moving engine parts. A magnetic drain plug can also alert you to a potential component failure before it becomes a costly breakdown or rebuild. The Greddy magnetic oil plug is a direct factory replacement and includes a plug washer for a quick install during your next oil change

:lol:

No extra BHP though i'm afraid

• Like 1

i had heard these are alloy and round off easy, i know they were not impressed on the mkiv forum..... but as said these were "greddy" but not sure if genuine

My magnetic sump plug has been on & off probably 5 or 6 times so far and still looks as good as new. Can't remember the make just now but sure it was only £15 odd.

Guessing the ones they say round off easily where made from inferior materials or they weren't using the correct size spanner on them as I've never had a problem. Had these on several of my cars over the years. :thumbs:

i had heard these are alloy and round off easy, i know they were not impressed on the mkiv forum..... but as said these were "greddy" but not sure if genuine

My magnetic sump plug has been on & off probably 5 or 6 times so far and still looks as good as new. Can't remember the make just now but sure it was only £15 odd.

Guessing the ones they say round off easily where made from inferior materials or they weren't using the correct size spanner on them as I've never had a problem. Had these on several of my cars over the years. :thumbs:

Didn't you have the Mishimoto one?

There are a lot of fake ones knocking about - these are the real deal from me though :thumbs:

Didn't you have the Mishimoto one?

Possibly, ...I do remember it's black so could be. :D

Think I might have even got it from you as a present from my old man at some point. ;) The vast majority of the stuff on my car is from you after all. B):lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...