Service quote

H1979

Just called up to book my 08 HR in for a P2 with brake fluid and sparks. Only had the car a month or so, but the last two services were 'lube' only, so need to get it back on track with the brake fluid and spark plugs. They quoted me £585 all in for this, which although is a lot of cash I was expecting more to be honest, what are your thoughts? Initially she was quoting £220 for the addition of sparks, but I asked if she could reduce that on the basis that the car is already on the stand, the plugs alone though are coming in at about £90.

Now I know I could do all this myself, but I don't feel over confident doing so much work for my first time, I may ease myself in next service with the oil etc then go on from there and also I don't have all the necessary gear to do it and I'm a lazy b*****d.

I'm in Derby by the way and they're literally a mile from my door.

:thumbs:

Sounds a bit toppy to me if I'm being honest mate. I had mine done for less than half of that and that was a P3! I didn't have sparks changed this time round, but I will be doing this at the next service. I'd shop around mate and if you have to travel a bit for the right price and quality then do that.

Thanks for the response mate, I'll do a bit of calling around to see what I can get. Just out of interest what would you expect to pay for a p2/major (bearing in mind p3 is no longer) with brake fluid, coolant and sparks?

Cheers

Just had a quote back and its coming in at 510 for the same work, so cheaper, but not hugely. I guess the spark plug change is a bugger or uses different plugs to the previous versions as they've quoted over 200 for that alone as opposed to the 124 on their site.

Thanks again for your input guys.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification, I hadn't realised you'd quoted me a p3 from your site, I was expecting p2 on the basis that Nissan no longer do a p3. And fair point on the oil used. Right I'll give you guys a call to book in. Cheers.

I have had main dealer quotes of just below 500 for a major service, (HR) plugs, RAC cover and courtesy car. I need the courtesy car to get around while car is serviced as it is less hassle than lift to/from station/public transport/less waiting around.

RAC cover may not be as good as that bought independently but it covered me for a homestart due to a flat battery.

How much cheaper are people getting this service for at independent garages?