Wheel Wax suggestions?

H5

Hi guys and gals,

I'm due to pick up my new wheels at the weekend, and want to give them that layer of protection. I've not used specific wheel wax before, has anyone got any suggestions?

Otherwise, I'm planning on using AG Ultra Gloss Protection do give them a semi permanent coat. :)

Recommended place for the Poorboys stuff? Clean and Shiny don't seem to do it.

That's why I asked the question Tim. I've never used it before, and why I'm thinking of using the AG stuff as at least that's a proper protective layer.

I got some megiars wheel cleaner (hot rims) and the poorboys wheel sealant (seemed to be fairly well rated on detailingworld - the best the said was Jetseal but I couldn't find anywhere with stock).

Got all my cleaning stuff from www.elitecarcar.co.uk. Ordered Friday arrived Monday so fast Found em on a google search.

Can't say how good it is yet as I have not used it yet as only got it Monday and not had time to clean the car yet - Saturday if the weather holds. Only had the car 6 days - the boot has my paw prints on and the wheels are grubby as owt :(

Why did I pick black :lol:

it makes no difference what wax you use....there is no such thing as "wheel wax" - it's just rebranding the same product into a different bottle

:surrender: i dunno, i'm not convinced either way, that it is the same as ordinary wax or not , i'd like to see some facts, i'll try it and see as my wheels have had collonite on before and i've just started using poorboys

the wheel sealant poorboys do is nothing like any other product they produce, its not wax, its almost jelly/paste

it makes no difference what wax you use....there is no such thing as "wheel wax" - it's just rebranding the same product into a different bottle

:surrender: i dunno, i'm not convinced either way, that it is the same as ordinary wax or not , i'd like to see some facts, i'll try it and see as my wheels have had collonite on before and i've just started using poorboys

the wheel sealant poorboys do is nothing like any other product they produce, its not wax, its almost jelly/paste

As is the stuff Chemical Guys make for wheels. However......

After reading lots, and visiting Clean and Shiny last night and going through every product in their warehouse.....

I have gone for some Chemical Guys jetSEAL 109 for both wheels and paint. Wheels themselves don't get to huge temperatures and this sealant has been designed to be used on wheels as well. As per Detailing World, it also has a lot of fans.

e.g. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=46093

I've also picked up a new CG wash as well citruswash+gloss. Looking forward to trying it out.

As an aside, they've stopped getting P21S in given internet prices from the US, and will probably get some Collinite off them when my P21 has gone.

Anyone used any of the above? :)

never heard a bad thing about any of CG stuff, only praise so i dont think you can go wrong

collonite i think is good but i dont rate it as high as others do, i think its long lasting but you def get a better gloss with other products

i clean (ocd style) so it doesnt have to be long lasting, 916 is the best colon nite

i want to try zaino or swissol but i'm too tight :blush:

never heard a bad thing about any of CG stuff, only praise so i dont think you can go wrong

collonite i think is good but i dont rate it as high as others do, i think its long lasting but you def get a better gloss with other products

i clean (ocd style) so it doesnt have to be long lasting, 916 is the best colon nite

i want to try zaino or swissol but i'm too tight :blush:

That's my thoughts, so will try this. Maxi Suds II is great stuff for a wash.

I've not used it. Mine gets done at least once a week, so the P21S I'm using at the moment never has a chance to lose it's effect.

Not seen anything Zaino wise that is really worth the extra £££ though.... :blush: