Help! Not starting after cold night. [video]

dajw

Ok so the simplest thing and the car is working again. Foot on brake, other foot on gas, press the starter button and RRRRAAAAWMNNMMburbleburbleburble!

It sounded a bit flooded. Anyway, next time I'll give it some gas for my next attempt if it is hiccuping.

I've to take the car up to Simon Norris soon to look at some of the small fuelling issues I've reported (light load pinking when hot), and this cold weather thing.

Phew!

Excellent news :thumbs:

Thank you all for the helpful replies - so good to be part of an enthusiastic community! My car knowledge is mostly theory so I'm in at the deep end with a heavily modified car. All very appreciated.

Happy new year!

Interesting. If it helps at all I don't think that sounds like a battery issue.

My car took three goes to start recently. It was the day after I'd fitted illuminated kick plates and two weeks since id last had chance to drive it. I was fairly certain it was the battery having drained a bit during the install (the instructions recommend disconnecting the battery, but having read up on US forums I didn't bother.)

Once the car started and I went for a drive the issue disappeared and hasn't returned. The sound wasn't the same as yours though. Mine sounded 'drier' if that makes any sense.

Edited by sipar69

Haha nice!

Unfortunately the car is now sitting on a flatbed on its way for an insurance estimate after an old lady hit it whilst I was last in a line lf traffic. Ho hum.

Sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted out soon.

It's just a flesh wound! I've never had an accident before though, so I am not sure of the costs involved. Good luck to them matching that Storm White though. I won't approve anything less than perfect! Who knows what the underwriter/loss adjuster will say. Fingers crossed it's good news.

I have like for like, fully comp, even GAP RTI (though I swapped out the car loan for personal finance this year to pay off a huge chunk and get a better rate on that which was left). Should all be fine.

It's the like for like temporary car I'm interested in right now. If it's a chuffing Nancy boy TT I'll make the Mrs drive it. (I've already threatened this after she was eyeing up an R8 today!) heheheh

Edited by dajw

Ah cool!

I am back on client site (Newbury) tomorrow. Have a new starter to show around. Ho hum! I'd love to check the car out though — another time!

Edited by dajw

That's where my car was built from scratch and where hundreds of zeds in here have had body work, full respray, performance parts fitted etc. I'll be in all day tomorrow working on my car from 8:00, feel free to come and see the place. :)

Another day off!! :stir: