Do-Luck bodykit + These wheels? **Wheels arrived!**

Pritchard

Doesnt work like that, 18, 19 or 20's etc will have or should have the same rolling radius as you compensate with tyre profiles to keep same diameter. You will not fill the arch more if you have the correct profile tyres, only way to reduce arch gap is lowering.

Doesnt work like that, 18, 19 or 20's etc will have or should have the same rolling radius as you compensate with tyre profiles to keep same diameter. You will not fill the arch more if you have the correct profile tyres, only way to reduce arch gap is lowering.

Correct, but i was implying that the rolling radius would need to be bigger to pull this off.

its a tough one really. but what i really need to do is to put my hand in my pocket and get some hydraulic suspension with quick pre-sets :lol: :lol: speed bumps = not an issue. looking like i have a car full of 25-stone men in tescos carpark = not an issue.

:)

With all due respect, if you arent prepared/arent able to lower the car you may as well save your money on the kit and wheels, it will just look half arsed otherwise :(

3 days after moving into my house we had the driveway relaid so we could get the cars up it, this was considerably preferable to making them look like they were on stilts :lol:

Seriously though, you might not think it will make a lot of difference but it really, really, does particularly when a car is kitted and wheeled :)

I appreciate that.

there is going to have to be compromise somewhere.

when the car comes back, and wheels get fitted i will then measure my clearance over the drive, and over some local bumps. and take it from there.

i am not expecting to have alot to play with though, if anything.

Edited by Pritchard

where has 4x4 come from? and why is it being repeated?

Because thats what it will look like running high profile tyres by trying to fill your arch gap, it will also most likely play havoc with your tcs if dont keep the rolling radius very near the same.

If you need a compromise Tein springs offer a slight drop ;)

Edited by Jetpilot

where has 4x4 come from? and why is it being repeated?

Because thats what it will look like running high profile tyres by trying to fill your arch gap, it will also most likely play havoc with your tcs if dont keep the rolling radius very near the same.

If you need a compromise Tein springs offer a slight drop ;)

Right, i see what you mean now.

i think ''4x4'' is a bit over exaggerated :lol: in my head i was thinking of mm's in the single figures to help the clearance issue.

I wasnt looking for arch gaps like this, nor do i intend to partake in this awesome looking activity.

:lol:

Nissan_350Z_mud%20_stuck_003.jpg

Personally i dont think you will see a noticeable difference with mm's of extra profile, 10mm/20mm is neither here nor there over the entire radius, your talking 5mm or 10mm of arch gap filled (let alone tcs issues)

I am with Docwra, an awesome bodykit and decent rims will be lost if your riding high as per Grundys post.

Good luck with the project :)

4x4 might be a bit of an exaggeration, as is the old "family of immigrants living in your arches" but any visible gap at all will severely detract from the look of the car.

I can only use my car as an example - this:

IMAG0111_zps4c145bb3.jpg

looks a lot better than this:

back.jpg

and the only difference is the arch gaps.

• Like 2

Monster truck family :p

70_zpsee424700.jpg

This is what they mean by 4x4 stance

yes this! this is what i mean by raising the ground clearance with bigger wheels, BUT then lowering onto the wheels. in doing so the arch gap can be reduced over OEM, without suffering a ground clearance loss over OEM. (give or take some mm's)

Am i just not explaining this right?

yes this! this is what i mean by raising the ground clearance with bigger wheels, BUT then lowering onto the wheels. in doing so the arch gap can be reduced over OEM, without suffering a ground clearance loss over OEM. (give or take some mm's)

Does this not look shyte to your eye though?

Monster truck family :p

70_zpsee424700.jpg

This is what they mean by 4x4 stance

Am i just not explaining this right?

You wont change the ground clearance with bigger wheels though, the only way to change the ground clearance is to run bigger profile tyres (change the rolling radius) and then you will have nasty fat balloon tyres like a van or 4 x 4, which will then make your expensive alloys look sh*t.

For example, most people run a 275/35/19 the next profile up is 275/40/19, thats an extra 25mm give or take, so you have raised your ride height 12.5mm and filled your arch gap 12.5mmm (tcs issues again which you dont seem to want to acknowledge), hardly noticeable anyway in my opinion, if 1cm ish is all your have to play with i suggest.

1) Give up

2) Get air

3) Avoid the areas you know you cant go

Edited by Jetpilot

I am absolutely positive that i have just worded this wrong from the start, or its been mis-read and now we are counter-arguing specifics. lol.

so clean page.

Using rear wheel as the example:

Current size:

245/40/18

expected new size:

255/35/19

That change raises the car by 4mm off the ground. allowing me to lower the car back onto the wheels by 4mm without loss of clearance. Rolling radius change is -1.2%

And the tyre profile is not ballooned.

Or,

245/40/18, to

245/40/19

will raise the car by 12mm, allowing for a more substantial drop (and probably arch rolling).

the former is my more likely option.

*Just seen the email update while typing this about the 275/35/19 profile to 275/40/19 ... whaat? lol. i am on OEM wheels!

You worded it right, everyone knows what your talking about but:

You do know how big (more so small) a mm is right.

4mm is immaterial, 12mm barely noticeable, not to mention the issues with tcs again if you go almost 4% out ;)

Will leave you to it :)

You worded it right, everyone knows what your talking about but:

You do know how big (more so small) a mm is right.

4mm is immaterial, 12mm barely noticeable, not to mention the issues with tcs again if you go almost 4% out ;)

Will leave you to it :)

Lol, yes i know what a mm is :):lol: i was only talking about small measurements the whole time.

anyway. once the wheels are on i'll see what i've got to work with for the suspension.

to be honest theres nothing i love more than seeing a car sitting so low that its scraping the floor (at shows at least), but thats obviously no good to me at all. so, i might need to look ito air suspension when the time comes.

we will find out soon enough :)