Forged engine .....

Bodyboarder81

Hi ,

As you've probably gathered I'm looking into the stillen supercharger for my HR 350z .....

From what I've read I should be able to run 400bhp at the hubs safely ( or as safe as FI can be ) if I wanted to make this set up even safer what would I have to do to the engine?....

Am I right in thinking forged rods , pistons and rod bolts would be enough?

If so what the rough cost of this to be done ?

Thanks for your help

....... Ya and as I'm wanting more power now in the shape of a supercharger I guess in the future ill want more .....

Thanks for your replies again as I'm trying to weigh up weather it's worth it for me or not ..... My car is great at the moment and I don't want to spoil it or spoil the experience of owning such a great little car ..

I'm with the others, A good forged build is big bucks so unless you want more on day 1 don't do it yet.

400 at the wheels is good numbers much passed that and getting the traction down is a factor, so yes above that a forged engine is called for but so are stiffer bushes harder suspension maybe an LSD etc etc you will then end up starting to affect the car it becomes more race and less road so unless you want either a track or very fast road car I would stay around the 400 mark it will be pretty damn rapid and more than quick enough for road use while still being a comfy DD.

My 370 runs 440 at the wheels and is quicker in a straight line than the old 350 at a hair over 450 at the wheels (without the NOS) but the 370 is still very comfy and could be a DD easily the 350 would out handle it but was not as refined for daily driving and cruising around in.

Cheers for the feed back everyone ......I have decided not to go FI at the moment as I feel to justify the cost of charging my HR I would want 400 at the wheels but because of this I would always be worried about blowing my engine ..... Many are running this bhp no problem on a standard engine .... A few have gone bang at this bhp .... I'm not sure i can take that risk , think it would take the enjoyment out of owning the car for me .

It's such a massive financial commitment if I charge it and if it does let go ill have to spend yet another ££££ on it .....

But thanks again for all the feed back and comments , appreciate it :)

Edited by Bodyboarder81