Fast clicking noise from rear

steve916

Occasionally when travelling slowly (20-30mph) in traffic, I hear a fast clicking noise from the rear of the car. If I am able to increase speed then the noise goes. Or, I can let off the throttle and then back on again, and the noise goes.

Any ideas?

Sounds like CV joints

Yeah, I just realised I have posted about this before, but then couldn't find my original thread, so apologies there.

I asked Cougar Stores to check over the cv joints etc when I was over there a few weeks back, but nothing obviously worn.

I'll get them to check again in a couple of weeks when the service is booked.

Could be c.v joints but they generally click when pulling away or reversing. Mine never clicked that much whist on the move! I know it sounds silly but have you checked for big stones/ screw in the tread?

I haven't, but the clicks faster than the rotation of the wheels.

Did you replace yours?

Well the c.v joint only rotates at the speed of the wheel anyway! Yea was one of the first jobs I had to do on mine, but was only one side.

It's quite a distinctive click if it is that!

A few of the traders sell the joints on here and it's not a massively difficult job to do, there's a guide somewhere as well

Well the c.v joint only rotates at the speed of the wheel anyway! Yea was one of the first jobs I had to do on mine, but was only one side.

It's quite a distinctive click if it is that!

A few of the traders sell the joints on here and it's not a massively difficult job to do, there's a guide somewhere as well

Yeah, I realise the cv joint rotates the same speed as the wheel. What I was trying to explain was, if it was a stone then I would get 1 click per revolution. I get lots of clicks per revolution.

I could have lots of stones though ;)

I'll get Xmas and new year over with and then see if I can narrow it down to one side.

It could be them then, the way I determined which side it was was to wind down each window, one at a time and you can hear which side was louder, I'd be surprised if both have failed at the same time. Good luck anyway

Thanks. Btw Nice paint job :)

• Like 1