Time for a change

Will370z

I've heard of (but not looked into) these remaps - I take it, its a generic map that they "overwrite" onto the ecu and no rolling road etc ?

yes (had the last two mapped at my house ) , no doubt you could get live mapping at a price, the generic maps are developed in this country, so they are better suited to the fuel and temps we have, I have had slightly better mpg, much quicker and a smoother throttle response when mapped

cars I've had done :- 335D coupe, 320D, 530D, clio dci, seat leon's x2, golf gttdi

I've heard of (but not looked into) these remaps - I take it, its a generic map that they "overwrite" onto the ecu and no rolling road etc ?

Its up to you really as to what they do. The company I have been speaking to are ecotune in scotland, they can get over 300bhp and 430ft/lb out of my car. They have rolling road so can map it on the dyno but they said to be honest, you would only get a couple of bhp more from an actual rolling tune as opposed to just flashing it with their current map. As im based miles from scotland, they can send their map to a tuner more local to me who can flash it for them.

Is the 1.9tdi in the octavia the same "PD" engine which was in the Golf GT TDI and Leon Cupra R diesel? If so you can get an easy reliable 170bhp from that straight from the bat with a simple remap. In actual fact, Seat offered it as an option at dealers on the cupra - up from 150bhp to 170bhp for an extra cost.

Edited by rabbitstew