Insurance

Alex

i was just wondering what you guys pay on insurance yearly, im just about to get my RAC report done on the nissan and look to collect it if all is good within the next few weeks.

i cant get insured anywhere so i have to go with 4 young drivers and the policy is 14k a year :yuck:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14K a year! What is your age, if you dont mind me asking?

Mine costs just under £600, its in the missus name with me as second driver, as I have to insure the company car in my name.

Its got a limited mile policy (set at about 5k I think at the moment) but whether that makes any difference I dont know.

Im 27, Misus is 32. Live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

I HAVE BOTH CARS WITH NORWICH UNION MY Z AND EVERY DAY CAR (VECTRA)I HAD A TOTAL CLAIM LAST YEAR WHEN MY COBRA BURST IN TO FLAMES BUT BY MOVING MY KNOW CLAIMS FROM THE VECTRA TO THE Z I GOT MY INSURANCE DOWN BELOW £500,THIS WAS WITH LIMITED MILEAGE(5000) AFTER SPEAKING TO NORWICH UNION AGAIN I WAS TOLD I COULD HAVE UPTO 10000 MILES AT NO EXTRA COST.

im 18. yeah i think so because i really love the car, and i figured bite the bullet for the first few years for insurance. i cant belive some of these prices, they are so cheap! :angry:

You must mean £1.4k not £14k??????????

I can't believe you're going 2 pay these prices :wacko: In 3 years you will of paid for the zeds value just on insurance....

For £10k I'll pay for the insurance :D You just got 2 sit next 2 me whilst I drive your motor, hee hee :p

I got my 350z just after i turned 20 and paid £1800

Most places wont touch you till you have 2 years no claims or are 21.

Im now £1600

Here is a tip put a woman between the age of 21 and 25 took mine down nearly £1000 for the 1st 10 months.

Oh yea and if you put a woman on still dont let her drive it. lol :p

£14k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last quote was £650 fully comp, protected no claims etc but on a limited mileage policy as I have my Mk1 Golf to ping about in as my daily driver! I'm 26 and live in Surrey if it makes a difference :wacko:

I can't actually compute £14k for a years insurance!! What happened to the good old days of getting a Metro at 17 and running it into the ground for a few years to build up your no-claims!! :teeth:

What happened to the good old days of getting a Metro at 17 and running it into the ground for a few years to build up your no-claims!! :teeth:

I think too many started to be run into trees and other cars rather than into the ground... :headhurt:

It was when the late eighties and early nineties that they started churning out mums shopping cars with bigger engines but the same brakes and safety gear (which kept the cost down). They were cheap enough for kids to buy, but were easy to smash...

Hi. guys

Just joined 350z-uk.com and just wanted to say that as a 50+ something that it is a PRIVILEGE to be insured for £378 with protected NC bonus and for me and the other 'alf to be allowed to have a great deal of fun in a super car, all for relatively little money. :drive1

Hi. guys

Just joined 350z-uk.com and just wanted to say that as a 50+ something that it is a PRIVILEGE to be insured for £378 with protected NC bonus and for me and the other 'alf to be allowed to have a great deal of fun in a super car, all for relatively little money. :drive1

:welcome: I wish my insurance was this low (but keeping my age ;) )

:teeth: