Snow Foam with roadster

KS2006

Not sure about snowfoam but I know quite a lot of the foam product end up removing waxes etc so be careful.

Generally they are a great thing to use. It helps get rid of all the grit and salt off the car before you start attaching it with mitt/sponge etc. Its supprising how clean you can get a car with just a foam and jet wash..

My black car white :D

Lance-5.jpg

I don't use these as it like to check each panel as I go with a closer look. Also I have a deep grained dislike of pressure washers as they themselves can cause a lot of damage to paint work and protective coatings. If used propoerly they can be good, but that's at no more pressure than you can generate with a decent hose attachment IMO. :)

This is once there is a decent build up of wax BTW. If you want to strip everything off the surface then this can be a good start. My advice would be to proceed with caution with any pressure washer if that's the route you go down. ;)

hmm this all seems slightly misleading to me

snowfoam is not a replacement for shampoo, snowfoam can be used on its own but i dont know anyone who does use it that way

it is made to work in conjunction with the shampoo allowing the shampoo to sit on the car and give better cleaning capabilities - it breaks down the dirt and allows it to slide off the car rather than be dragged around with a sponge

yes it can be applied with a pressure washer but it can also be applied with a gilmour, it comes out like shaving foam so it wont cause any damage to the paint work, the pressure is used to agitate the snowfoam and create the foam effect, yes you can remove it with a pressure washer but you can just as easily use a garden hose

the snowfoam is mixed with shampoo and warm water in the container

it wont strip wax ! if you want to do that use fairy liquid to wash your car (seriously)

the snowfoam method is very handy during winter with the amount of grime that sticks to your car, its much better to remove it without touching it and creating swirls and scratches

like i said do a search on detailing world - these guys know their stuff ! B)

snowfoam is not a replacement for shampoo, snowfoam can be used on its own but i dont know anyone who does use it that way

it is made to work in conjunction with the shampoo allowing the shampoo to sit on the car and give better cleaning capabilities - it breaks down the dirt and allows it to slide off the car rather than be dragged around with a sponge

yes it can be applied with a pressure washer but it can also be applied with a gilmour, it comes out like shaving foam so it wont cause any damage to the paint work, the pressure is used to agitate the snowfoam and create the foam effect, yes you can remove it with a pressure washer but you can just as easily use a garden hose

it wont strip wax ! if you want to do that use fairy liquid to wash your car (seriously)

the snowfoam method is very handy during winter with the amount of grime that sticks to your car, its much better to remove it without touching it and creating swirls and scratches

Nothing was said about it being a replacement for shampoo :wacko:

I only said I like to be able to see each panel, and my only other comments were about pressure washers and that it's a good start to strip everything off the paintwork.

Snowfoam itself won't remove stuck on dirt, mitt work and rinsing will :)

I only said I like to be able to see each panel, and my only other comments were about pressure washers and that it's a good start to strip everything off the paintwork.

so you have used snowfoam ? and as i said you dont use snowfoam on its own, you use it with shampoo, this allows the shampoo to dwell on the dirt helping it dissolve so it can be washed off, its very simple

the only thing it gets off the paintwork is dirt, you make it sound like paint stripper :lol:

its used as pre wash really - snowfoam - mitt 2 bucket wash

I've never seen this snowfoam stuff. Where do you get it?

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ sell it and its readily available on ebay, you can also buy super snow foam but i suggest you read up about it before you buy it as its useless without the right equipment

oh yeah shampoo wise i rate Poorboys Super Slick & Suds, leaves a nice shine :thumbs:

I've never seen this snowfoam stuff. Where do you get it?

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ sell it and its readily available on ebay, you can also buy super snow foam but i suggest you read up about it before you buy it as its useless without the right equipment

oh yeah shampoo wise i rate Poorboys Super Slick & Suds, leaves a nice shine :thumbs:

Many thanks - a very useful site. :thumbs:

so you have used snowfoam ? and as i said you dont use snowfoam on its own, you use it with shampoo, this allows the shampoo to dwell on the dirt helping it dissolve so it can be washed off, its very simple

the only thing it gets off the paintwork is dirt, you make it sound like paint stripper :lol:

its used as pre wash really - snowfoam - mitt 2 bucket wash

Yup. At what point did I say you didn't use it that way? My point was ONLY, that I like to see the panels. :surrender:

And at no point have I said anything other than it is a good starting point for stripping everything off with a pressure washer. No point said it would strip paint or wax itself.

Ne'er mind. Will avoid anything that may be another opinion. :)