Cannonball Run

Zedrush

Just watch 2006 on DvD, looks like fun, a guy on there who had a TVR said it hadnt broken down in 8 years, the minute he got of the boat he broke down :lol: Alot were getting banned from countries too :scare: What would it cost to enter be nice to see a few 350z on there especially on the Dvd, got to be worth it B) Anyone know entry price?

Not sure but a mate of mine did the gumball and I'm sure he said it was 6 grand for him and his passenger for 6 nights.

He said it was amazing but not worth the money... and he has loads of it and his dad owns at least one example of most cars in the race!

Hmm just found this:

What's included:

Ferry crossings

Accommodation

Parking

Breakfasts

Evening meals (with limited drinks)

An arrival drink at each hotel

Selected lunches

Track day

Final Night Party (including accommodation)

Car decals

Route packs

Petrol, tolls, fines or personal expenses are not included.

Dont sound like such a bad deal B)

I hope you're only going to provide the car and not do the driving.....i've seen your driving remember!!! :p:lol:

You cheeky git ha ha, Im a pro, just hope I dont get lost like on our first meet :blush:

I think the money covers everything pretty well, Ive seen some of the places they stay and must admit they look very swanky, plus you could have two of you so be 2250 each B) which is a bargin

I was refering to your navigation!!! :lol:

When you break it down to the £2250 each, it does seem like a very good bargain to be honest!!

Road Trip!!! B)

I think its best two have two people driving one car otherwise it would be immensly tireing. We could use your car Andy :p:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Chris B did the Cannonball 8000 two years ago and he said whilst it was fun as an event it was not worth the money. Also, like this year, the German authorities banned the event and effectively blocked all vehicle movement. My Co-Director did the 8000 this year and had his car impounded in Germany, returning home with many others on the first day (Friday). I was on my way back from a European road trip and saw one of the Cannonballers returning home on the Friday night through the Eurotunnel.

These type of events, whilst fun are going to get clamped down on.

Briefly; my trip involved two nights and a day at Nurburgring, the Porsche Museum Stuttgart, skimmed the Alps - through Austria, track day on Most Circuit Czech Republic- back through Germany, evening in Bruges, home via Eurotunnel. Went out on Sunday PM came back Friday Night, under a grand each. No silly stickers - high speed all the way - Just over 2,000 miles.

If anybody is interested we're doing one next year probably around May time. One of the stop offs will be Most Circuit, http://www.autodrom-most.cz/ where we'll be doing a track day and staying in a castle overnight. Here's a link to the castle

http://www.hradhnevin.cz/

I'll see if I can post some more pics shortly. Here's some of the circuit - and my tyres after a few laps. It's a very fast circuit.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/ ... 20Circuit/

Grant

nice grant wow sucks for cannonball did they get their money back from the event?

No, and it cost him €2000 to get his car back.

On the first evening it was announced that the German Authorities had banned the rally and that the participants would be advised to remove all the Cannonball stickers. Like they only just found that out ;)

Just watch 2006 on DvD, looks like fun, a guy on there who had a TVR said it hadnt broken down in 8 years, the minute he got of the boat he broke down :lol: Alot were getting banned from countries too :scare: What would it cost to enter be nice to see a few 350z on there especially on the Dvd, got to be worth it B) Anyone know entry price?

i did infact see a white 350Z on the GUMBALL 3000 DVD