tis a sad sad day....

SwissZ

when you get beaten by an Astra on the autobahn :blush:

I was having a nice easy drive at 150 mph or so :) when this Astra pulled onto the autobahn in the distance. I moved into the fast lane to overtake him and boy did I get a surprise!

We ended up side by side with the speedo showing 265kph/165mph (how the hell is that possible I thought the Z was limited to 155???) and then he started pulling away from me :scare:

We came off the autobahn together and had a bit of a play on a dual carriage way accelerating from the lights (all within the speed limits). I won the first round then lost the second because I got too much wheel spin in 2nd.

Had a chat at the lights and his Astra was a 2.0 turbo, chipped with various other bits and pieces and was putting out over 300bhp!!

Soooo anyway.... where can I get me one of these bi-turbo thingys??

AT least the consolation is, he is in an Astra. Bet he has some fun though :lol:

Seem to remeber a thread on here with a company in Switzerland doing amazing thigs to a zed. Will engage brain and search for it.

This is serious :surrender:

Novidem are the Swiss company. They offer 2 kits, one at 380PS the other at 450 :teeth: Not something I'm really considering though, nowhere to put it to use in Switzerland.

Astra guy did say he thought the Z was a great looking car. Not a compliment I could return :lol: but I was impressed at the power.

The B3 should look good as the D3 does and that's a 2 ltr oil burner.

Not sure the 135i is any better looking but is very different, will not be many around compared to the Z and I bet it could spank a standard Z around some tracks, would be interested in seeing it in the flesh.