Invidia Gemini Exhaust Clamp Issues

Siders77

Hi All,

I've recently fitted a new Invidia Gemini, the exhaust is perfect, but I'm having a small issue with the clamps that hold the titanium tips on, the nuts keep rattling loose. Since fitting it in August I've had to tighten the nuts up at least 5 times but they keep wobbling loose.

I've tried moving the clamp about into a few different positions but it makes no difference plus all of the pictures I've found on Google of the clamps look like they're placed in exactly the same position as mine are. The car isn't stupidly low and it's not running de-cats so I've no idea what is causing the nuts to wobble loose.

Has anyone had this problem, if so how did you fix it? I don't really want to weld anything if I can help it!

Thanks for any help.

I dabbed a bit of thread lock on when I originally fitted the exhaust so I'll get some locking washers and Nyloc nuts to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help :thumbs:

If you're going to change the nuts then you might as well try to get these exhaust locking nuts to try like below.

self_locking_hexagon_flange_nuts_steel.jpg