How much do I need to spend

secretstar07979

Regarding that EBAY car.

I have a healthy distrust of EBAY car dealers...it's a long way to go to find something wrong with it.

It's most likely from an auction. That's where most of these EBAY dealers get them from.

Defo agree with you ebayer's are cheapscapes who have either acquired a car of this vale to sell on or if it's been owned for a while and they won't pay for an auto trader advert they won't have taken care of it either! I wish I'd known about the forum before getting mine although I struck lucky 8k for an 06 with only 27k on the clock very original and nearly mint I'm happy😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Desy says service history isn't everything although personally i wouldn't touch anything without a bulging wallet full of receipts showing that the car had been looked after during its lifetime. There are some real sheds around now as prices have come down so just be careful and if you're not a competent mechanic then take someone with you who is even if you have to bung them a few quid, that few quid could end up saving you hundreds if not more down the line. There's more to the car than shiny paintwork. Good luck. Oh and with your points situation i wouldn't be looking at something that has loads of mods.

And don't forget most people on this forum have gone what you are going through. LISTEN to them. Some have made mistakes I bet and some have found a good bargain.

Don't do what another member on this forum has done and not research properly. You will get stung. This is before and after purchase, you have no excuse now.