Want to upgrade your suspension?? Look here!

GT4 Zed

As per my previous threads I have a fully bushed zed with Superpro and energy suspension urethane bushes where applicable and these transform the zed's handling immensely as you reduce the unwanted compliance from the OEM rubber bushes.

My zed is soon getting stripped for track only duties and hence I'm taking the suspension to the ultimate level: full rose jointed SPL race bushes all round.

It would be a shame to press out the superpro bushes in vgc to get these on!

I will be prepared to swap and some cash my way anyone who can send me their OEM arm/suspension parts in good working order and I will send them back the the same with urethane bushes in-situ. All you just need is to refit and off you go. You will be saving on cost of the bushing and labour to hydraulically press the bushes.

I'm starting with the front first as it's easier and I got a spare compression arm set which I've pressed the SPL arms onto.

So for sale/swap in have

- a set of OEM compression arms with Superpro bushes in VGC.

I need:

- a set of front lower control arm(translink) to swap for my mine already Superpro bushed. Both outer bush and shock bushes.

If you get both arms as a set I will pass a decent discount.

Keep eyes out for the rear parts including the subframe all bushed up. Because of the size of the rear parts I will be selling parts as a swap will be complicated onless you want to arrange to come down to Worcester and we swap sametime. I can guarantee cheap labour and save you over 50% of the cost of doing this from scratch.

Some pics and links.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/46230-fitting-superpro-bushes-with-reviews-pics/page__fromsearch__1

Front compression arm

Front lower control arm(translink) with Superpro.

5e10f038.jpg

623bce38.jpg

After pressing the SPL solid rose jointedbush on the compression arms.

F95154D1-05DB-4422-A755-2F133AECD65B.jpg

All the SPL bushes that will go on the car.

253E5244-9D93-4EEB-8C38-3768CEA87B8A.jpg

Mods please before you say there are no dated pics and block this post appreciate that these parts are under the car and you cannot just take it out for a piccie hence I've put up as much evidence as possible.

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 1

Might be up for that as I only track mine and was going to change bushes, what is your time scale?

If I get the OEM translink arm and or compression arm I can turn it around in a few days to under 1 week depending on work shifts.

If you want the complete rear too we can do this on a Saturday. I can get mine stripped on the Friday and so its a straight swap for you and I can later fit your OEM parts after pressing in the SPL bushes.

Where are you based?

Bump!

No firm offers yet! But to make everything clear herewith the prices.

I'm only asking for £200 or £250 depending on if you send your lower front arms or not for swap.

For the rears I want £500 for subframe, diff and both upper and lower control arm with bushes depending on your rear setup. £400 if you swap. I can get fitting done by my experienced mechanic for £200. Even better £275 for Both front and rear.

To be honest swapping the rear will be challenging as we need 2 ramps simultaneously on less you send your rear parts to me first. Just buying my parts outright is the best option especially if you take advantage of cheap fitting cost.

Obviously there will be a small discount if the same person gets both parts.

This is an opportunity not to be missed to get your zed handling like nothing you've experienced before.

As incentive I will throw in a Stillen engine damper FOC and possibly an uprated gear box mount if I get my solid mount in time

I will also replace any damaged bushes in the unlikely event of any. The last inspection revealed no issues.

I'll let this run for 2 more weeks after which I'll just regretfully destroy all the urethane bushes and fit the SPL rose jointed bushes.

What do you mean? If your car is immobile you can still do this. I can help you do the swap if you have tools and a good quality axle stands. I can come and get off your oem parts then help you instal my bushed parts. We just need to free weekends. Give me a shout if you are serious. Pm sent

What do you mean? If your car is immobile you can still do this. I can help you do the swap if you have tools and a good quality axle stands. I can come and get off your oem parts then help you instal my bushed parts. We just need to free weekends. Give me a shout if you are serious. Pm sent
will reply to pm in detail shortly. But my engine blew up on track so focusing on getting it back on the road ATM.

#teamtarmac

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of front lower control arms and duly got the solid bushes pressed in.

FA0A267D-66A5-444D-B4BE-2A53334A2469.jpg

BBE03E48-953C-4B79-9643-E8A344F5E926.jpg

So I'll be fitting these and compression arms on Friday and my original arms with Superpro bushes(x6 pairs) will be ready for post to a new home. So I don't need your arms in exhange.

£250 excluding delivery for these which is cheaper than an OEM compression arm on its own.