Reasonable insurance quote please - accepting mods and a 2yr old IN10 conviction (not my fault honest guv!)

Smitherb

IN10 was totally by mistake, mix up during the overlap period between getting the Z and selling the previous car. Previous insurer only extended my insurance for a short while on the old car when I thought I had told them until "I'd let them know when its sold, probably a couple of months". They had just switched to online insurance certificates (which I didn't check so I missed the new expiry date, stupidly).

Im 38 years old, the car is parked on a driveway in SW20 London and needs SDP cover for around 6K miles per year.

Im currently paying around £700 due to the IN10 which isnt bad but current insurer not happy about most mods and I'd like to do a few, nothing major like SC etc. I've got full no claims bonus and a single previous claim which was recovered from the 3rd party - somebody hit my legally parked vehicle.

If any club friendly insurers are reading and think they might be able to help please PM me and we can go through the fine detail for a quote. Saving on my premium would be nice but my main purpose of looking about is because I want to mod the car a little without voiding my insurance or paying through the nose for the insurance extras.

Cheers

Okay to be a bit nicer, they can't give you a quote just like that for legal reasons, I.e there is sensitive data they need to know first, that's why you need to call.

But there are things like when asked can any of you insure a road legal buggy, and get a response of give us a call, that's when it becomes daft and becomes a big pet hate of mine.

#teamtarmac

Yeah wasnt expecting an instant quote over the forum but maybe would reveal those who are flexible and those who aren't.

Piece of obvious advice guys - don't get caught driving an uninsured vehicle. They totally screw you and you keep paying for it for years in higher premiums. They dont care if its a mistake! Queuing up in a steel cage outside the car impound for hours certainly makes you feel like a criminal, its not pleasant at all. And then you have to pay through the nose to get insurance cover for an impounded vehicle, and points, and a fine, and an impound release fee. Ill never repeat that mistake.

I forgot to ask tim@presatige do you give discounts to people who fit Michelin super sport tyres as im told often they increase safety by leaps and bounds

Why don't you ask about your road legal buggy :)

The one that was close and a good price has now sold so no interest atm

Edited by StevoD