xbox one HDMI convertor

Martinjj

Pretty much as the title says, does anybody know of (or use) a HDMI to VGA convertor as the tv i am planning to hook up to does not have HDMI input port..

I have googled, its sent me nuts, im totally none the wiser now, at best im even more confused..

Try Lindy, they have everything.

I may have a spare one in my desk, I can have a look on Thursday. If I have, you are welcome to it.

Thanks but it may actually be HDMI to composite that i am after, dunno.. its driving me insane. so confusing

edit:

this looks to be the kind of thing i need http://www.hdfury.com/shop/gamer/hdfury-gamer-2-component/

Edited by Martinjj

What input do you have on the TV? VGA or component?

Personally, I'd just buy a new TV, that one must be ancient or tiny to not have HDMI.

Agreed, $159 plus shipping plus duty as well as obvious questions around picture quality etc you could pick a half decent screen for not much more money.

I had this problem when I first got an xbox 1, ended up having to get a new Hd projector... As far as I'm aware you can have a composite to hdmi connector but not an hdmi to composite . You could connect it but you wouldn't get a picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TV I have is a Sony Wega, HD but no HDMI port, it has those red, white and yellow jack plug things on the left hand side, there's more than just those 3 though there are other colours too, but I'm not home now until 6am till I can confirm... Yeah that Fury thing is a beat expensive ...

The TV I have is a Sony Wega, HD but no HDMI port, it has those red, white and yellow jack plug things on the left hand side, there's more than just those 3 though there are other colours too, but I'm not home now until 6am till I can confirm... Yeah that Fury thing is a beat expensive ...

Sounds like component to me and I think should give you 1080p :thumbs:

Composite is basically scart. 3 leads.

• Like 1

Ok, so i have googled the model number and it takes me to this specifications page:

http://alatest.co.uk/reviews/tv-reviews/sony-kde-p42xs1/po3-37423742,33/#details

somewhere amongst the geeky stuff it says:

Display Format:1080i

Video Interface:Component / Composite / SCART

Does this mean that im good to go with the HD Fury thing or does anyone know a cheaper option?

Thanks

I suspect the component will give you 1080i however I'd want to test it before I commited - I've been stung by resolution changes between supposed HD inputs in the past.

If you have a friend with a none hdmi 360 and a component cable id borrow that to test.

Also try av forums, they will most likely have a thread for this tv. MODS sorry if this breaks forum rules.

I think there's a couple of tv repair folks as members but for the life of me I can't remember their names otherwise they would probably be able to offer advice.

That's a ten year old TV. It doesn't even allow 1080p. Seriously, you've just spent £330 on a brand new, cutting edge console: Go and buy a TV to go with it. Very quick search, but even this would be better.

It's like buying a 3.8L GTR engine and trying to stuff it into a bog standard Austin Allegro. Sure, fun for a bit, but you'll soon hit the limitations of the underlying base and wish you'd connected it to something a bit more modern.

I tend to agree with Ekona as per my first post, if you need to buy adapters etc its a compromise especially as to make it work (hopefully) you're getting into new tv price territory.

I get the feeling though you're moving the xbox away from the main tv to an office/spare bedroom so want to keep the costs down by using a working tv you already own which I can totally understand.

I get the feeling though you're moving the xbox away from the main tv to an office/spare bedroom so want to keep the costs down by using a working tv you already own which I can totally understand.

Quite right, i wanted to avoid the expenditure of a new TV, or find a cheaper product that behaves like the HD Fury convertor, So a new TV it shall be, i wont actually feel it financialy as i have a quite nice tax rebate coming in the next few days, would have been nice to bank all of it though :(