Grounding kits

Angrybiker

No mate, that's about it. A few people have made up their own kits with their cable and connectors of choice. You can probably pick up the various mounting points from the install instructions for one of the off the shelf kits.

Edit: I bought the h-dev one, sensible price and a pdf on the link below to install.

http://h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=25417

Edited by SuperStu

yes just an earthing cable, it is meant to improve signals due to improving the earthing but that really depends on how good or poor your earthing is from the factory

some people say the car runs smoother with it others say it has no affect, mine (DE) definitely idled smoother with it fitted

See IMO, they look naff :lol:

I'd agree with coldel too, I personally think they're a bit of a placebo. A car manufacturer isn't going to spend millions designing a car and then accidentally under earth it. If you're having earthing issues, cleaning up the standard earth points would be my suggestion.

I'd agree with coldel too, I personally think they're a bit of a placebo. A car manufacturer isn't going to spend millions designing a car and then accidentally under earth it. If you're having earthing issues, cleaning up the standard earth points would be my suggestion.

so I take it you haven't had one ? yet can offer an opinion

Nope, I can't see the point in £90 of ugly cables of which no one can offer conclusive proof it does anything at all. If you give it even half a google, you can see that tens of tests have been done on a range of cars and forums, and the answer is always the same, 25% say categorically no, 25% say categorically yes and 50% say I like the look of the cables so I don't care. How many timeattck/drift/drag/track day cars running the standard engine do you see with an earthing kit on? I don't recall seeing any, because they all keep the standard earth points in good condition which means they don't need 200 metres of cable. Granted, some uprate the ECU earth points if they run an aftermarket one.

It's like those bracelets people wear with magnets in to "aid recovery" proven load of tosh, but millions of people still buy them.

Show me some impartial evidence showing the awesome benefits of a grounding kit, which aren't based on opinion and demonstrate that the same result wouldn't have happened if you'd cleaned/renewed the oem earth points, and I'll happily buy a kit for £100 and fit it tomorrow.

"Show me some impartial evidence showing the awesome benefits of a grounding kit, which aren't based on opinion and demonstrate that the same result wouldn't have happened if you'd cleaned/renewed the oem earth points, and I'll happily buy a kit for £100 and fit it tomorrow"

I don't dispute the benefits or lack of from the grounding kit, it's just that you're opinion is based on other's opinions and yet you ask for evidence that isn't based on opinions ?

I bought a set off H Dev purely because I liked the look (worked for me in terms of colour effect!), it was cheap at 29 quid and under the slim hope it might make a noticeable difference, despite trying hard to feel the effect, there was none.

You can see the charts from H Dev here http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_472_477&products_id=25417

But having been on the VX forum and the Skyline one and this issue come up, almost exclusively everyone who fitted these said they felt no change in the drive of the car.

I bought a set off H Dev purely because I liked the look (worked for me in terms of colour effect!), it was cheap at 29 quid and under the slim hope it might make a noticeable difference, despite trying hard to feel the effect, there was none.

You can see the charts from H Dev here http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_472_477&products_id=25417

But having been on the VX forum and the Skyline one and this issue come up, almost exclusively everyone who fitted these said they felt no change in the drive of the car.

Bought mine cheap as someone on the forum was making them and it immediately made the idle smoother, you could tell by the sound and needle, obviously poorly earthed at the factory , only had 16k on the clock and not quite 2yrs old so definitely not dirty connections

I did like the look of it though ;)

This is similar to the uprev, even though the improvements can be quantified on the dyno, the opinions vary massively from its a must have to it made no difference ?? And at £400+ that isn't good

FWIW I bought mine cos they looked pretty and my bay has red bits, was a total rice purchase. Never occurred to clean existing ground points as it was purely a cosmetic thing, not an issue I was trying to solve. I can tell you they made an unexpected difference on my DE with 50k miles, not saying extra BHP obviously, but I find the revs drop off smoother on shift and idles more happily. I can sell believe that cleaning up earths would have done much the same. I certainly wouldn't have paid £90 for them as a purely cosmetic thing but I'm too lazy to knock up my own and £30 seemed not too offensive.