Mystery button

nixy

Just taking a break from the ironing and bread baking (joke) to ask a quick question.

There is a little push button that says auto on it and I have no clue what it's for - it's very small and down in the area of the VDC switch - what is it?

yeah that's it - but it doesn't seem to do anything - although I use the alarm fob for opening and closing doors etc - mmm.

By the way, I knew I could rely on you for a sensible answer as always! :D

Do you have a picture of every bit of your car tim? :lol:

so can anyone tell me how to get it to work - I've tried the key fob but I'm wondering if the new alarm is interfering with it somehow?

I think with you having a UK alarm system fitted it has interfered with the original Jap system.. mine just has the Jap system that works from the original Nissan key

• 4 months later...
Just taking a break from the ironing and bread baking (joke) to ask a quick question.

There is a little push button that says auto on it and I have no clue what it's for - it's very small and down in the area of the VDC switch - what is it?

now you know..................

get back to the sink and ironing................... :lol:

does it look like this one nixy ?

P1010001-10.jpg

if so its to enable / disable auto folding mirror option on locking and also autodip when engaging reverse gear :thumbs:

Well it does on mine anyway

Ah cool - meant to ask about this! What is the switch on the right of the VDC? Mine lights up but nothing seems to happen!!

Only just realised the windows fold in too! Mines JDM 2005.

does it look like this one nixy ?

P1010001-10.jpg

if so its to enable / disable auto folding mirror option on locking and also autodip when engaging reverse gear :thumbs:

Well it does on mine anyway

Ah cool - meant to ask about this! What is the switch on the right of the VDC? Mine lights up but nothing seems to happen!!

Only just realised the windows fold in too! Mines JDM 2005.

switch with led in it is fog light switch :)