TINDER wtf?

StevoD

I tried Tinder, got matches, spoke to the girls but it never really seemed to go anywhere. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough I don't know, but I much prefer going out and trying to get girls that way. Much more of a thrill to it! Saying that since I was last on the dating scene about 4 years ago it has changed a hell of a lot.

In what way has it changed? I'm intrigued and I hope I never have to find out for myself because I'm a bit too old to start dating at my age.

I know people who have met boyfriends/girlfriends on there, it depends on the picture and bio you put up

^

This

I guess in Stevo's case the ladies in question looked at his pics and made the assumption he must have to pay for it :console:

:cry:

giphy.gif

I tried Tinder, got matches, spoke to the girls but it never really seemed to go anywhere. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough I don't know, but I much prefer going out and trying to get girls that way. Much more of a thrill to it! Saying that since I was last on the dating scene about 4 years ago it has changed a hell of a lot.

In what way has it changed? I'm intrigued and I hope I never have to find out for myself because I'm a bit too old to start dating at my age.

Seems a lot harder, and it seems you have to be a douchebag to get girls these days. When I was 18/19 it was dead easy, I'd have no trouble but now you have to put in some serious graft or look and dress a particular way which I'm not doing haha.

Seems a lot harder, and it seems you have to be a douchebag to get girls these days. When I was 18/19 it was dead easy, I'd have no trouble but now you have to put in some serious graft or look and dress a particular way which I'm not doing haha.

I'm still not much the wiser after your reply I'm afraid. Being horrible can't really be essential to get a girl these days can it? Surely it depends on the kind of girl that you are hoping to attract? I bet the nice ones prefer decent blokes, not ar$eholes :dry: You can't alter your looks without cosmetic surgery so you need to work with what you've got. I think making sure the basics are in place i.e. personal hygiene up to a good standard, nice aftershave (but not gallons of the stuff :surrender: ) and, most important of all, confidence and having something to talk about, will stand you in good stead. Now, get yourself out there and try again young man :lol:

Advice courtesy of Granny Annie (only joking, even I'm not that old) :scare:

I'm still not much the wiser after your reply I'm afraid. Being horrible can't really be essential to get a girl these days can it? Surely it depends on the kind of girl that you are hoping to attract? I bet the nice ones prefer decent blokes, not ar$eholes :dry: You can't alter your looks without cosmetic surgery so you need to work with what you've got. I think making sure the basics are in place i.e. personal hygiene up to a good standard, nice aftershave (but not gallons of the stuff :surrender: ) and, most important of all, confidence and having something to talk about, will stand you in good stead. Now, get yourself out there and try again young man :lol:

Advice courtesy of Granny Annie (only joking, even I'm not that old) :scare:

in theory yes and they all say that but when on the 'game' (is that the right term, i dunno) not bollocks,

Many a time have i been told your a really nice guy this that etc then the word, But

So its got F all to do with being a nice guy,

Edited by StevoD

I think if you're after ladies who are 'on the game' then you need to re-think your strategy :scare:

Seriously though, and this may be too blunt, in which case I apologise but I'm afraid that when a girl tells you that you are a nice guy etc what she is really saying is that you are a nice guy but she doesn't fancy you. That's fine because most men and women are not going to want to fall into bed/a relationship together are they? All you have to do is find a girl that you like and who likes you right back. Not always easy but there are a lot of women out there so you just need to keep going on dates until you find the right one. Don't give up but, equally importantly, don't exude desperation because that is really off putting to all women. Confidence is the key. Even if you don't feel confident, act as though you do until it becomes second nature.

Goodness, what a lot of disillusioned chaps there are on here :( I stick with my assertion that decent women want decent blokes. If a woman wants to play mind games/hang around with dickheads etc then is she really someone that you want a relationship with???

The problem is, it's who you go for.

If you go for people who are idiots, they only want an idiot to accompany them. If you go for someone who's skinny blonde with massive whammers, who spends every night getting hammered on free drinks from guys who want a quick one, you're going to find out why she only has one nighters.

There's no point in trying to convert someone, you need to find the right person. I know 2 or 3 girls who are perfect girlfriend material, dedicated, pretty and lovely, but they wouldn't go anywhere near someone who always expects they're up to something when they aren't. It's swings and roundabouts, if you always expect the worst of people, they won't give you the time of day. Who would?

If someone is ALWAYS negative about EVERYTHING, why do I want my mood bought down by them being a sap?

You've got categories that you have to fit into...

Girls who love tattoo guys

Girls who love Roided gym buffs

Girls who love coke heads and druggies

Girls who love guys that start fights

Girls who love a guy who earns over £100k a year.

Girls who love Harry styles look a likes (Aka dressing like an absolute douche)

Then there is the final 1% who go for guys that be them self's....

• Like 3

Some of the women in your list sound to have rather er, Jeremy Kyle potential :scare: Who in their right mind looks for aggressive junkie boyfriends?

A lot of the other women you describe sound immature and/or delusional. How many of them do you think achieve their 'dream' of dating the buff-est, richest men? I strongly suspect that they can't all end up with these 'gorgeous' specimens. How many of these Adonis like creatures are there to go round? I don't see many.

Some of the women in your list sound to have rather er, Jeremy Kyle potential :scare: Who in their right mind looks for aggressive junkie boyfriends?

A lot of the other women you describe sound immature and/or delusional. How many of them do you think achieve their 'dream' of dating the buff-est, richest men? I strongly suspect that they can't all end up with these 'gorgeous' specimens. How many of these Adonis like creatures are there to go round? I don't see many.

i think what also needs to be said these girl are of the age of 18-25 which grundy and my self are bang in the middle off

• Like 1

That picture you posted. You're doing EXACTLY the same, just about women. Who's going to want a woman hater as their boyfriend? You post it all over here and all over facebook, you basically have a billboard saying "WOMEN. AVOID ME."

• Like 1

Goodness, what a lot of disillusioned chaps there are on here :( I stick with my assertion that decent women want decent blokes. If a woman wants to play mind games/hang around with dickheads etc then is she really someone that you want a relationship with???

Honestly like grundy says 1% aint and it seems most girls must up there friends, if there friends are looking for drug dealing rude boi then they must look for the same but a level higher so it just escalates,

That's the thing though, I'm not listing them to sound bitter or to win an argument, it's genuinely what a lot of girls are like these days.

I've been with a girl who basically didn't want a relationship because I didn't want to do drugs :lol:

Spent 6 months with someone, having an amazing time, to get friendzoned...

I have friends who are dicks to there GF, and they stay with them....

I know there are women out there that at great etc, but there seem to be more of the wrong kind out there....

(Before you all say, 'then she wasn't the one for you, or worth your time etc' point being, if I was a druggy I might have a happy and trippy relationship :lol: )

• Like 1

StevoD and Grundy225, you both seem to have such a clear picture of what the world is like that you are defeated before you even start and that is sad :( I know you are young but, honestly not all young women are like those that you describe. My own daughter is just about to turn 21 and is a slim, leggy blonde and very pretty (or so everyone tells me so it's not just me being biased) and she is nothing like the women you describe. She works hard at her chosen career and so does her boyfriend. She certainly doesn't aspire to date a Jeremy Kyle reject and her boyfriend is good looking, granted, but he is also a really nice chap and I think they will make money through their own hard work if that is what they want.

Edited by twobears

That picture you posted. You're doing EXACTLY the same, just about women. Who's going to want a woman hater as their boyfriend? You post it all over here and all over facebook, you basically have a billboard saying "WOMEN. AVOID ME."

As per grundys post its not an opinion, its what im seeing around me on a daily basis,

StevoD, you seem to have such a clear picture of what the world is like that you are defeated before you even start and that is sad :( I know you are young but, honestly not all young women are like those that you describe. My own daughter is just about to turn 21 and is a slim, leggy blonde and very pretty (or so everyone tells me so it's not just me being biased) and she is nothing like the women you describe. She works hard at her chosen career and so does her boyfriend. She certainly doesn't aspire to date a Jeremy Kyle reject and her boyfriend is good looking, granted, but he is also a really nice chap and I think they will make money through their own hard work if that is what they want.

Oh yeah I forgot to say, all the nice girls are taken :lol:

As I said there are loads of really nice girls out there, but in this day an age, you seem to have to filter....where as 15+ years ago, I bet that was never the case.