Cosworth Plenum

TDI

Hi N15MNO,

We are still waiting for them to arrive.

Cosworth have sent me their own internal data sheets which show the test results of various different configurations (including spacers etc) which is interesting. I am not at liberty to disclose these but I understand they are working on a diluted version for marketing purposes. I'm happy to post our results when they become available.

A lot of people are buying them for the bling factor because they do look VERY cool B)

Judging by our initial orders I think there may be a demand/supply problem, so if anyone does want one of the first batch I recommend that they get a deposit to us asap.

So are you able to confirm that the power gains (from the data sheets) are accurate?

How much deposit needed? :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah id definately order one if it was just for the engine bay bling factor.. but really im more concerned about the performance data sheets.. and im aware that any mods (eg exhausts, pop chargers etc) will create a HP change in the first set of tests.. then soon after the ECU will adjust and revert back to normal settings thus nullifying any hp gains from the add-ons.

When u do get the Cosworth Plenums in and fitted...I would v much appreciate if u could post 2 data sheets, from Z:

1. which hasnt been re-mapped

2. thats got piggy back ECU and re-map pls.

Im sure if the results are positive and everyone on this forum sees it, youl have to order in double figure batches as your sales will go to pluto!

Hi,

It will carry the normal legal entitlements of being fit for purpose and of merchantable quality etc.

It is contrcucted from the same materials and processes as the manifold/plenum on the Cosworth F1 engines so I think they'll be ok ;)

Not to stick a pin in your balloon and slightly off topic but weren’t the last two teams in F1 to use Cosworth Williams and Toro Rosso? Both of which changed for 2007 to Toyota and Ferrari respectively.

I'm sure the manifold wasn't an issue with the F1 V8/V10 engines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
TDi - still waiting for those test results?

The latest delivery date given to us is 28th November.

Don't wory, you will be among the first to know when they arrive and when we have tested them :)

Still waiting for the results... ive been holding off buying a spacer/aftermarket plenum for weeks now to hear some confirmed reports of this Cosworth part being as good as the manufacturers state - +25HP

Be honest..im bit peeped off by all these outrageous claims that manufacturers make about their products.. hence the importance of an independent (like TDi) testing the validity of their claims on one of our cars. Bottom line is we trust your test results hell of a lot more than the manufacturer's! ;)

• 1 month later...
any news on the plenums? also wondering if there's any update on getting an engine cover that will fit with the plenum?

Hi, some came in last December but were immediately sent out to customers so we didn't get a chance to do any testing.

There is quite a big waiting list for them but the next one on the list is being fitted and tested here so I'll let you know the results. We haven't seen any plenum spacer kits that actually work yet, so it'll be quite interesting.

any news on the plenums? also wondering if there's any update on getting an engine cover that will fit with the plenum?

Hi, some came in last December but were immediately sent out to customers so we didn't get a chance to do any testing.

There is quite a big waiting list for them but the next one on the list is being fitted and tested here so I'll let you know the results. We haven't seen any plenum spacer kits that actually work yet, so it'll be quite interesting.

What do you mean by work? As in peak power, area under the curve.

Are you saying that the plenum kits you've tested have made a loss?

Which ones have you tested?

Im sure the Cosworth will make more than the spacers it looks like a decent bit of kit, but just want to know the facts.

Im sure the Cosworth will make more than the spacers it looks like a decent bit of kit, but just want to know the facts.

We haven't seen any plenum spacers that work at all yet - ie yield any power or torque increase. I'm not sure whether any have actually lost power.

We have not undertaken deliberate testing on every single spacer kit available. We have have only done testing whereby clients have provided the kits themselves and asked us to install and test them.

Hope this helps :)

We haven't seen any plenum spacers that work at all yet - ie yield any power or torque increase. I'm not sure whether any have actually lost power.

We have not undertaken deliberate testing on every single spacer kit available. We have have only done testing whereby clients have provided the kits themselves and asked us to install and test them.

Hya what were the results on the kits supplied by customers that you have tested, would be interested to know what the results are especially if there is loss of power as I have a plenum spacer installed, :blush:

Hya what were the results on the kits supplied by customers that you have tested, would be interested to know what the results are especially if there is loss of power as I have a plenum spacer installed, :blush:

Hiya, I don't remember any loosing power but we certainly haven't seen any gains yet :)

Well.. thats really odd.. plenum spacer kits are supposed to give the best hp gains for the value.. if that gives 0 hp gains i dont know how Cosworth cud possible state 25hp gains on their part which basically does similar thing.. :wacko:

Im just surprised TDi think a spacer doesn't do anything, no gains or losses. A spacer changes the area in the Plenum so i would have thought it would have done something, even if it was just a small gain or loss in a particular area. All i can put it down to is that the ones TDi have done have all been on the standard ecu's.. :blush:

Well.. thats really odd.. plenum spacer kits are supposed to give the best hp gains for the value.. if that gives 0 hp gains i dont know how Cosworth cud possible state 25hp gains on their part which basically does similar thing.. :wacko:

Im just surprised TDi think a spacer doesn't do anything, no gains or losses. A spacer changes the area in the Plenum so i would have thought it would have done something, even if it was just a small gain or loss in a particular area. All i can put it down to is that the ones TDi have done have all been on the standard ecu's.. :blush:

Even on stock ECU its meant to do something :surrender:

Isnt it the case that there will be no gains anyway as the ecu will rectify any gains back to normal anyway, and then even if you do flash the ecu, its self learning anyway, so there wont be any gains unless the ecu is managaed by a ecu upgrade or retuned by the likes of an fcon IS? So the space wont create any gains nor would a cosworth plenum? :wacko:

I can't understand anyone buying anything this expensive without proof of the gains :wacko: Looks lovely but i don't drive around with my bonnet off :lol:

Not to be too critical would it not benefit you if you had the proof of results from this product if the gains were true? :surrender: