Perfect Reg...

JimmyJam75

Seeing SimonD's delicious new Z just now and the fab number plate.. it got me thinking about getting a personalised plate myself..

But I really can't decide on a _ _ _ _ ZED or a _ _ _ _ ZZZ !??

What do you guys think?

Cheers !

Jimmyjam

Definitely ZED for me. :thumbs:

Seeing SimonD's delicious new Z just now and the fab number plate.. it got me thinking about getting a personalised plate myself..

But I really can't decide on a _ _ _ _ ZED or a _ _ _ _ ZZZ !??

What do you guys think?

Cheers !

Jimmyjam

I have the former the latter looks like you might be dozing off... :p

crikey... just checked on DVLA and they have my perfect initial + correct year + ZED for sale....

so.. so.. tempted !

:)

suppose it depends on how long your gonna keep the 350Z as the ZED plate might look odd on any other car, my private plate is me birthday and initials but the choice is yours at the end of the day :)

dare i ask how much the plate is that you've seen ?

I think most of the MY 99 XXX, where the 99 is the year and XXX is the car, such as MY 56 AMV or MY 05 ZED are £799.

I think plates like this need to be sold on with the car when the time comes to be honest. We have a plate on ours which is Tracys name, and a plate on the Altea which is my name - these are interchangeable between cars so were an investment for life. A car specific plate may be a shorter term investment unless there will be a future market for other owners that may buy it.

Car specific plates would be difficult to sell on IMO unless it was a really good one, for example L4 MBO, J46 UAR or A5 TON whilst if it's something with your name on it, you keep it for life.

Mine has my name, but I did consider changing it for an even better one. RO55 MAC....but it was sold.... can still get RG55 MAC though.

Cheers guys...

Yeah, I was gong for the initials + yr + ZED , and as Chesterfield says, it'll be personal to the car, but also to me. I would sell it on with the car though as it wouldnt make sense on anything but a Zed. Its £399 all in, which is a lot cheaper than the MY version, which as you say is totally personal to the car.

Both the initials and the MY version are available so it'll come down to price really.. and i'm not sure the MY version is really worth twice the money, but I'm having a think.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have my name which I love. I bought my girlfriend her name for her birthday as a suprise. I wasn't sure she'd like it so sought advice on here and it worked out brilliantly. She loved it. I have owned a car plate. Nightmare to sell on but I di make a very healthy profit!

I have my name which I love. I bought my girlfriend her name for her birthday as a suprise. I wasn't sure she'd like it so sought advice on here and it worked out brilliantly. She loved it. I have owned a car plate. Nightmare to sell on but I di make a very healthy profit!

I'd forgotten about your GF's plate. Glad she liked it! :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

If you are getting a plate with your initials with ZED then you will probably need to let the plate go with the car when it is sold as it would look daft on any other car.

If you pay for £799 or so for the plate, then you will get very little of this or none at all back on a future trade-in so you will take a big loss.

I previously had P20G CC (mis-placed) on a 206CC which I sold on quite easily for 2.5 times what I originally paid for it in a private purchase. I then has CC05 PUG for a 307CC that I ended up not buying as I changed my mind and bought the 350Z roadster instead. As the cars were rare, I sold that on at a 25% loss to get rid of the plate.

Earlier this year I bought X11 DDS and am far happier with that than a Z plate as at least if the Z goes then I can keep the plate on any car.