EE landline advice needed

twobears

I've just got a home broadband package with EE and I want to add an answerphone (like BT's 1571 service) but cannot see how to do it. I am not sure if I can just add the BT 1571 itself as I assume EE is renting the line from BT? I've tried calling EE but can never get through and have had enough muzak whilst on hold to last me a lifetime now. Has anyone got any useful advice please?

I wish you the best of luck with EE (previously Orange) I was with them for about 4-5 years and hated every minute of it. There customer service skills are terrible! If you ever get any internet issues, just be asked to put through to the complaints dept. to get any thing done.

Regards to your OP, afraid I don't know :(

I'm with T-mobile business and can get through to them fairly quickly (english based as well) and on the whole easy to deal with, but..............

however the various departments do not (or can not) communicate ie the help desk can not talk to the porting team etc etc - all they can do is send a message to them to say there is a problem

I encountered this a couple of months back - it took them 2 weeks to sort out

Well I was guilty of being probably one of there oldest Customers of approx 22 years.

My phone up until march of this year was still on the original Mercury Tariff.

One morning I found I could not phone out or log into my T-Mobile.

When I rang I kept being put through to the unpaid bills department where every representative was rude and pig ignorant.

I was told that unless I paid outstanding balance of £678 I would not be reconnected.

And surely enough a red letter the next morning.

I immediately ported my number to a virgin sim only for £18 a month.

I made contact with the board of directors of T-Mobile EE and they said it was a mistake and squashed the bill.

Why am I telling you this story!

Stay away from EE as they are only as good as their customer service when things go wrong.

EE are rude and ignorant and talk down to you.

Never again.

Ekona, I don't want to cancel because it took weeks to get connected and I ran up huge charges on my mobile so not keen to do that again. Also other half wants his Amazon vouchers and we have to be EE customers for three months to get them.

Thanks 4RE Leather and Grundy will try that tactic as soon as i get off phone to Direct Line whose 'lovely' music is playing in my ear right now.

• Like 1

I've gone back to BT purely for the speed in which they deal with line faults.

Out in the sticks here, trees fall on lines quite often and if you're with a 3rd party provider, reporting a fault seems to take ages to get through to the right people.

..........after all that, BT will come out and do the repair.

Ekona, the vouchers are about £150 I think? Not sure exactly because I didn't take out the deal with them. Apart from the length of time it took them to connect us and, in my experience, all companies, BT included, take ages to do that, I haven't really had bad service as such. I want to know if I can get a 1571 type service but that's all and I am just about to ring them now I've sorted out my car insurance. If I don't get through this time I won't even be able to cancel since I can't talk to them!!

350zedd, I have had very mixed service from BT in the past. They have been ok sometimes but dire at others. I just hate dealing with big companies, any big company, since they all seem to be as bad as each other.