A few OEM bits, List attached

Danohosko

Dan it's your Zed and how you drive it is down to you ~ won't be getting a lecture about how you drive from me. Been there & crashed a few cars myself.

As GM said everyone crashes it's just part of life, could have been a whole lot worse.

http://www.350z-uk.c...e-with-re050as/

500 for them is fantastic, if i had money i would take them.

Yeah i guess so, didn't think it would ever happen to me though! i think that was probably my downfall ;P

i did see them, i agree bargain price and really nice :)

Update :)

Got my local Body Shop to have a look, he's also been my mechanic since i started driving.

Basically he said that most of the parts that the Honda place quoted for are ok, they are just being over cautious as they have to give a 5 year warranty after the work.

So we brought parts list down to:

Bumper

Bumper fixing kit

Headlight

Headlight washer

Washer bottle

Left wheel & tyre

So my £4k parts quote as come down to under £1k, :)

I shoulda taken it to him straight away, woulda saved yesterdays stress and last nights no sleep haha

Edited by Danohosko
  • Like 2

Shouldn't affect your insurance too bad dude, my last car was written off for a similar bump but that was only due to bending the chassis leg into the engine pulleys. Think losing all my no claims and writing the car off increased my premium by about 10% which I can live with considering im still 21 til next month. Glad it's all getting sorted anyway!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by jonw246
  • Like 1

Just a little Q, anyone know roughly at what £££ is a write off for a Z?

I know its dependant on other things, but is it the Trade or Private or Dealer value they would use?

For an 05

Average trade looks like £3.6k-£5.2k

Average retail looks like £5.5-£8k

Looked on Glass and Parkers and confused.

Mines an 05 Gt FSH 62k miles so would like to think at the higher end of the scale for an 05...

It is not that straight forward as It works on a percentage of the cost of the repair against the value of the car.

In your case any repair over the value of £3200.00 would probably result in an uneconomical repair in the eyes of the insurance company.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...