Tidied my number plates ( de-framed ) Pic heavy

MCook

Started with the rear, set out to get rid of these awful frames..

Before

11kcvmb.jpg

116pd1e.jpg

After!!

1zxlk5t.jpg

19mljk.jpg

okzl37.jpg

The rear was easy enough and looked so much better afterwards.

Then a few hours ago I decided to work on the front plate..

Some before shots (also had the awful frame on)

xnvocw.jpg

a5gp52.jpg

The plan was to take the branded frame off and then just stick the number plate on the original 'plinth'.. I then decided that I wanted to have a look under the plinth, and possibly give it a coat of paint as it was a bit shabby.

So I took it off..........

a2et1.jpg

xmsj0g.jpg

I then changed my mind, and thought I will leave it all as it was originally until I have time to paint the plinth and what not.

Then this happened.

549av6.jpg

The flipping bolt that the plinth screws into became 'un-stuck' and was loose inside the bumper.

"F**k"

I did not have time to do anything about it and just decided to whack the plate straight on the bumper, none of the holes are at all visible but it still is bothering me knowing that they are there. So maybe later on I will get it done properly.

But for now, I must say, I am extremely happy with the way it looks.

2jy4ie.jpg

2v9apoh.jpg

2jcydef.jpg

2zrqhx4.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 2

I did the same a while back- much nicer and easy to reverse if you ever wanted to. Never sure what people mean about the touch parking- you can't 'dent' plastic and pressure on that plinth will put pressure on the bumper as a whole anyway. Never had an issue in 4 years.

• Like 1

I much prefer the front without the large brick of moulded plastic, i think it has a cleaner look to it. I had two 200SX's before my 350Z and they had a similar plastic brick on the front which came off as soon as i got each of them home. Each to their own though, It gives us something to argue about. It definitely looks better without the brick. :stir:

I'll be controversial , I prefer the front with the proper surround

However they look a lot better than they were ;)

Must say I agree. Back one looks fine, but front looks like it is ready to fall off. Just my expert opinion !! Edited by Richy

As I said, I was not planning to put it directly on the bumper, but due to the bolt coming loose in the bumper which was used to hold the plinth on, I had not choice! Had work early the next day! :cry:

It will do for now :teeth: